300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Other offense-

I didn't see this topic when I searched so if it exists already I apologize.

Over the years I'm sure we've all seen some amazing things come over our cad screens. We have all the general signals covering your garden variety crime and then one reserved for those that do not fit. The -other offense-

I will always open these up to see what type of issue a person has felt the need to call 911 about.

I've started saving them in screen captures but to save on translating ten codes and signals that are not universal, ill just write them here. Feel free to post your own.

"Call reportee reference her neighbors are hitting golf balls into her back yard. Reportee states she has talked to her neighbors and asked them to stop. Neighbors now drawing smiling faces on the balls."

"Reportee requests contact reference 2 subjects took her car keys. Reportee states the subjects are not human but robots programmed and built to act like humans."

Just a couple but I thought this could be a good start.

You guys hire English speaking dispatchers?
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

You should tell your department that reportee is not a word...

Comment

Complainant states voodoo priests are stealing her garbage.

Complainant states unknown suspect has stolen her front door and replaced it with an exact replica of her front door.

Complainant states there is a black helicopter flying overhead. (I advised dispatch that since Crown Vics don't fly and I left my Stinger at home today, that perhaps the local PD was the wrong entity to complain to about that one.)

Complainant states neighbor mowed over the property line while mowing his own lawn.

Complainant stated that child threw gum ball at her car. This one deserves some explanation. The gum ball in question is one of those spikey seed pods from a Sweet Gum tree. The child was about 3. Obviously there was no damage. I basically told the woman that not only was this not a police matter, it wasn't a matter at all. She gets on the cell phone and is yelling at the 'friend' on the other end, "...AND THE POLICE DON'T EVEN CARE! THEY DON'T CARE!"

I looked at my partner, said "well, she's right about one thing." and we left.
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I had one similar to yours cruiser, except we had a 30 minute debate about the likelyhood that someone would steal her mattress and bring another exact model in to replace hers...almost forgot about that.

Pretty much any call involving a crazy person...having people tell you about orgies, parties, gases, etc in there attic.

Comment

Got a noise complaint about a concert from someone. Did they expect us to go ask them to turn it down?

Comment

Originally posted by D.W. View Post
              I didn't see this topic when I searched so if it exists already I apologize.

Over the years I'm sure we've all seen some amazing things come over our cad screens. We have all the general signals covering your garden variety crime and then one reserved for those that do not fit. The -other offense-

I will always open these up to see what type of issue a person has felt the need to call 911 about.

I've started saving them in screen captures but to save on translating ten codes and signals that are not universal, ill just write them here. Feel free to post your own.

"Call reportee reference her neighbors are hitting golf balls into her back yard. Reportee states she has talked to her neighbors and asked them to stop. Neighbors now drawing smiling faces on the balls."

"Reportee requests contact reference 2 subjects took her car keys. Reportee states the subjects are not human but robots programmed and built to act like humans."

Just a couple but I thought this could be a good start.
              haha. Your second one is either now, or will be in the future (mark my words) a Baker Act.

Comment

Lol! I can't wait to retire and move to my condo in palm beach! They lady can stay in nyc and work!
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

There was a person who would get confused and manic about twice a week. They would call 911 to report about the Aliens who "just all suddenly showed up last week" and were up to no good in the field behind their house. (Actually a construction crew of heavy machinery constructing new drainage systems). Sometimes they'd call and request an Officer several times per shift when the crews were working. Several times it had been entered as "other", but it usually went in as a "Welfare Check" though.
                  JDGM0710
                  Forum Member
                  Last edited by JDGM0710; 09-08-2013, 09:54 PM.
                  Life is a pretty lame game, but at least it has good graphics.

It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat. -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Saw a call where a male juvenile reported that his mother was trying to drown his cat. Mother called back and advised she was giving the cat a bath and son was upset about that. So was the cat.

Another goofy one: "Complainant wants to report she has been poisoned and wants to speak with an officer. She reports her breast implants are deflating and she thinks it's because a male she was with made her eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he ate the other half. The sandwich was poisoned. She's requesting fire department respond too."

Myself and the fire department debated amongst ourselves, and her, about whether or not anything was deflating. I asked her if she had a warranty on the implants and she said she did so I told her to go see the surgeon that fixed her up and have a warranty check done. If there was a problem, call back and I'd arrange for a female officer to do a more "thorough" investigation.... She never called back.

Comment

Exact wording with ten codes translated into plain speech:

"See complainant about suspicious activity...
                      Caller advised some potatoes were in her kitchen...
                      And she don't nut'n about them potatoes...or how they got there??"

"Have deputy respond to location will be male subject behind the shed having sex with a chicken"

"See complainant ref to a groundhog that got in the hood of his car and ate the inside, animal charged him and he beat it with a bat"

I responded to that last one and when I got there it was pretty much exactly how the call notes made it out. Sadly, the groundhog didn't pull through.

Comment

I've been on a call about someone "gardening too loudly."

Comment

Originally posted by Kivuli View Post
                          "Have deputy respond to location will be male subject behind the shed having sex with a chicken"
                          I would have requested Dispatch to do a callback and get a description of the chicken.
                          I miss you, Dave.
                          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                            I would have requested Dispatch to do a callback and get a description of the chicken.
                            Man, I want to say something like this so bad, but I'll probably get in trouble. altough I can articulate I just wanted to make sure I got the right chicken!!!!

Comment

As long as he wasn't choking that chicken.

"Inf wants the street sweeper arrested, he's disturbing her sleep."
                              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4099 users online. 242 members and 3857 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X