300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love it when a plan comes together!

Sunday morning, DURING CHURCH, someone entered the Choir Room and stole 4 cellphones. ONE of those phones belonged to my daughter.

That afternoon, I called her cellphone several times. Sometimes I'd get her voice mail...sometimes SOMEONE would answer and 'just listen'....

After ATTEMPTING to use Cingular's 1-800 number to report the phone 'stolen'....only to have the automated response DISconnect me....I had a moment of what turned out to be sheer BRILLIANCE.

I called her cellphone again and sure enough....SOMEone answered. I then ID'd myself as a police officer with my department and stated the cellphone had been reported 'stolen'. I THEN informed the suspect that the church's surveilence cameras had recorded the theft from the Choir Room. I figured 'What did I have to lose?'

This AM, I got a phone call at school informing me that 2 female juveniles had turned themselves in late last night....along with the stolen cellphones...less than 1 hour after my little 'stunt'.

One of the juveniles was already on State's probation...the other was 'in the wrong place at the wrong time'. What's more, these two are now THE prime suspects in several other church-related thefts occuring over the past 2 weeks.
    Last edited by shooter1201; 09-09-2003, 08:40 AM.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

'If the grass is greener on the other side, water your OWN lawn.'

Comment

Great job shooter! Don't you love it when that happens.

Comment

Good job, Shooter! Your daughter her cellphone back and dad solved several cases.
        Better to die standing
        than living on your knees.

Comment

I always enjoy bringing out the (blank) surveillance tape and watching the looks on their faces. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it's always worth a try!
          The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
          Twitter Facebook

Comment

I wish I COULD take credit for 'solving' several cases. All I 'did'(???) was give the detectives a new direction in which to look.

But I do feel good!
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
            -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

If crooks weren't so stupid we would never catch them. It never ceases to amaze me!
              "Don't bother to run, you will only go to jail tired!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4805 users online. 263 members and 4542 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X