300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.V. show COPS

I'm curious if anyone has ever had the film crew from the T.V. show Cops drive around with them? and what are your thoughts of having a camera crew film your every move and record everything you say?
    They have been filming for the show im Phila and my district now for the past 4 weeks and expecting to be here for 4 more weeks.
    Don't tell me you pay my salary unless your giving me a raise.

I was wondering -- do the officers involved volunteer to have a camera crew with them or are they 'assigned'.
    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

assigned
      "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

Comment

Our border city once had the spanish version of COPS called PLACAS (BADGES) come to our dept. It was a scream seeing our partners in action. One of my partners was using slang words to talk down a subject in a domestic disturbance and after watching the program, I knew that the people not from our area were going what is hi talking about? It was great fun.

Comment

Never had them here myself, but I had a friend in TN that had them at his agency. All well and good to have them along, I use episodes on how NOT to do police work. Amazing how dumb people get when a camera is around! My buddy said the crew was great, nice guys, but that by the end of the time they were sick of them.
            "A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood." Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

COPS was in my city (Kansas City) several times - the last being in August of 1998. I was working in our main jail then - and only saw them on a couple of occasions. It is my understanding that they were informed that they would NOT be asked to return to our city. Several of the officers that I know that they rode with were a little upset at the behavior of the COPS crews. Apparently some of the crew-members would try to egg-on or aggitate the people they were filming - telling them that "If you fight, we'll make sure you make it on the show".

COPS had been to Kansas City 3 or 4 times since the shows inception, so it is unfortunate that this happened. My former Desk Sergeant at this station (Now a Captain at another Division) is one of the more famous officers from COPS. He is the one that ran out of gas, and also the one who went to the call where the couple was having a food fight (it used to be one of the opening clips - where the door opens and a guys face is covered with flour). His scenes were done back in '94, but even when I was working with him in '99 he would still get "fan mail", and letters from women.
              <a href="http://www.10-7.com" target="_blank">10-7.com</a>...."It's like a donut shop on the internet"
              <a href="http://www.10-7.com/forum/" target="_blank">10-7.com Public Safety Forum</a>

Comment

COPS

I have a couple friends who had COPS ride with them in North Las Vegas and they seemed to have a great time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4352 users online. 242 members and 4110 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X