300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the biggest ego?

My partners and I recently had a discussion, regarding coppers with the biggest egos. Some seem to think it's SWAT guys, some think it's motorcycle traffic guys, and some think the narc guys have really big heads. What do you guys think?
    Brutality is when we hit back.
    -Unknown Officer

Being a teammember I wouldn't call it ego..Just complete self confidence in my abilities and intelligence.. As far as the other two, hard to tell when they're too busy talking about themselves..
    surly?? screw you....

Comment

Hard to distinquish since the majority of cops have big egos!
      Retired

Comment

Our egos are dwarfed every time we go to court.

Comment

Without a doubt, State Troopers.....LOL
          I live with one, he may be insufferable, but I love him, anyway.

There has always been an informal slamfest in my area between the Big Hats and the more qualified, much more professional and always better municipal officers....
          I do have to admit that I do have a good time working with the Staties when I get the opportunity...but don't tell anyone.

Comment

On a serious note, the biggest egos I have ever encountered were with the FBI, and ATF. Hands down the two biggest!
            Retired

Comment

Yanno...I've heard about that, but I can honestly say that I've never encountered that. I've worked with Secret Service, FBI, DEA, BATF and they have all been gracious and helpful.
              Maybe I've just met the nice ones?

Comment

SWAT guys (here it's SOT) and SID (our plain clothes dope guys). Not all but some.
                Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Like the movie says "You're either SWAT,or you're not." Being a SWAT member,I would have to say that I am not arrogant. But I am very confident in my abillities. As far as who I think is the most arrogant. The FBI,hands down. Every one of them I have ever had dealings with has been a dick. Having said that,as far as the Feds go,the ATF has some good people. I talked to one not very long ago about an automatic weapon that we confiscated. He was very nice and did not treat me like some local Billy Bob redneck police officer. I appreciated that. Hats off to the ATF.
                  If you stare into the abyss long enough,sometimes it stares back.

Comment

this is a very good question. i know im gonna get flamed for this but from my experience, its the female officers with the biggest egos. not so much in the sense that they walk around like their $h1t dont stink. but on the street, the feel that they have something to prove to their male counterparts as well as the general public. without fail, ive seen female officers jump the gun and overreact in certain situations where there was no need to. when that happens, they turn a piece of cake into a can of worms and things get ugly.
                    Last edited by Bart; 08-14-2003, 08:50 PM.
                    "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                    William Shatner

Comment

Not all of them....LOL
                      Bart-
                      Are you really serious? I haven't experienced that, either...but then again, I have always been the only one. Uh...hmmm...you trying to tell me something?

Comment

Originally posted by Traffic*Goddess
                        Not all of them....LOL
                        Bart-
                        Are you really serious? I haven't experienced that, either...but then again, I have always been the only one. Uh...hmmm...you trying to tell me something?
                        youre the only female officer? how many officers do you have working there? 5?
                        "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                        William Shatner

Comment

Departments are pretty small here in PA. The larger ones are in the major metro areas, otherwise departments are pretty small compared to your area.
                          But...yes, in my first dept. I was one of 5 officers...then one of 21, then one of 43.

Comment

If my choices as to who has the biggest ego are: narcotics, SWAT or motorcycle cops - I'd have to rule out motorcycle cops by default - because in 14 years of service I have yet to have the privledge of meeting one. As for narcotics and SWAT as a group - seems to depend on who made the headlines most recently. Now if we are talking "attitudes" - we all know about or work with a few cops that think they are God's gift to Law Enforcement or feel they have something to prove - in my case, it's been mostly males *glares at Bart*. As long as you know what your doing, are good at what you do and are willing to teach me something - you can have all the ego and attitude you want (talking one on one - not on the streets of course)- just give me knowledge.
                            Last edited by K9Cop; 08-14-2003, 10:50 PM.
                            go ahead and run...my k-9 partner loves the exercise

Comment

I've worked with the FBI, DEA, ATF, IRS and Customs. The only ones that have ever screwed me were the FBI and DEA. Never ever trust the FBI, they never have your best interests at heart, no matter what they say. They're taught as agents to consider every local agency corrupt and incompetent. True story. I only had one bad experience with DEA, but it damn near got a fellow officer killed. ATF and Customs were always the most helpful.

Locally, SWAT can be as confident as they want to be, but that doesn't mean to shove it in anybody's face and unfortunately many young officers on these teams do. We all have a job to do and every one is as important as the other. No matter what your team leader tells you. I've worked dope and again, the only ones with the ego problems are usually the young ones that come up there too soon. Motorcycle cops eat too many bugs...
                              "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4431 users online. 303 members and 4128 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X