300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antigun FOP Stance

I was shocked to see the FOP is in favor of more gun control like another AWB. This is evident by the latest magazine issue in the presidents column. I will be going to the local BMV and buying regular plates for my vehicles. I am going to box them up and send them along with my membership car, legal defense fund card and all of my other FOP junk to the FOP HQ. They will never get another cent of money from me until such a time as they change their position and offer an apology to their membership. The vast majority of FOP members are not anti gun and are not in favor of ANYMORE gun laws. The FOP is lying to the American public as well as the current administration.

I hope others join me in telling the FOP to kiss my a--!!
    Last edited by j706; 02-20-2013, 02:38 AM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

I am thinking he needs to get a ton of emails.
    Last edited by j706; 03-08-2013, 05:34 PM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Who is this Joe Bidden character he speaks of?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerhardt View Post
        Who is this Joe Bidden character he speaks of?
        Just some goof ball vice president. He is a clown BTW. Not very smart either. Ya know the same one that just told everyone to go to their balcony and fire off two shotgun blasts to scare off intruders (Possible felony BTW)
        Last edited by j706; 02-20-2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I've got no problems with #1 or #4. #3 is iffy, I don't see any way to actually enforce it without a registry and the cost and complexity of such a system isn't worth the potential rewards.

#2 I'm not real worried about since the AWB is dead in the water and has been since day 1.

I don't agree with the FOP over everything they do, no more than I agree with any group 100% of the time, but giving up my legal defense card is more than I'm willing to do. I'll also be continuing to pay my dues to keep my local chapter operating so they can continue to negotiate for our pay, benefits, etc. I'm not risking my personal assets and my career over it, period.

I have veteran license plates, they cost the same as regular plates, and never considered FOP plates to begin with.
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

AGH! GUN CONTROL BAD! I didn't see anything evil about their stance on firearms in this country. No one is talking about repealing the 2nd Amendment; however some regulation makes sense. Cars and guns kill cops. I'm all for the enforcement of checks and balances on both.

Comment

Originally posted by elchorizo View Post
              Cars and guns kill cops. I'm all for the enforcement of checks and balances on both.
              Sure, sounds good now... until they make you register your vehicle and keep a database of all vehicle owners.

Comment

AGH! GUN CONTROL BAD! I didn't see anything evil about their stance on firearms in this country. No one is talking about repealing the 2nd Amendment; however some regulation makes sense. Cars and guns kill cops. I'm all for the enforcement of checks and balances on both.
                It also looked like they've held the same opinions for quite some time - likely before most people on their board ever got into LE, to begin with, let alone joined the FOP.

Personally, I'd send their plates back just because it's ridiculously-stupid to have them on your POV, anyway.
                "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
                  It also looked like they've held the same opinions for quite some time - likely before most people on their board ever got into LE, to begin with, let alone joined the FOP.

Personally, I'd send their plates back just because it's ridiculously-stupid to have them on your POV, anyway.
                  Sorry that you think FOP plates are "ridiculously-stupid". No matter what your opinion is on them they are quite popular around here for LEO's. But not on anything of mine now.

Comment

Originally posted by j706 View Post
                    Sorry that you think FOP plates are "ridiculously-stupid". No matter what your opinion is on them they are quite popular around here for LEO's. But not on anything of mine now.
                    They would be a good way to get yourself shot out here in LA......you are told from day 1 in the academy to have NOTHING on your car (or on you, like T-shirts ect)that even remotely IDs you as a cop.

But I agree that I would be dumping FOP in a heartbeat if I was a member.....they aren't real popular out in CA anyway, so that isn't an issue
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                      They would be a good way to get yourself shot out here in LA......you are told from day 1 in the academy to have NOTHING on your car (or on you, like T-shirts ect)that even remotely IDs you as a cop.

But I agree that I would be dumping FOP in a heartbeat if I was a member.....they aren't real popular out in CA anyway, so that isn't an issue
                      Yes sir so I have heard. But around west central Indiana it is nothing like that. Not even close. I feel for you guys for having to put up with all the riff raff you guys have there.
                      Last edited by j706; 03-08-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

For the most part, most of the larger organizations spend most of their time supporting whatever angle they believe is best for the organization and since most of those stances are always political, you get the message they believe are in the organization’s best interest. Most of them care little about what you, the rank-and-file member thinks.

The FOP is little different from the likes of other organizations like the International Association of Chiefs of Police and even my parent union- the AFL-CIO. That union adopts stances I find repugnant but it does what it does.

Politics and unions/other similar organizations go hand-in-hand. Since most of them are led by people who sell their influence to the current political power, the conservative members who belong to the organization are rarely heard if the parent organization goes progressive.

The problem is that those members who don’t agree with the stances of the executive board are viewed by others as believing in, and supporting, those platforms. That’s one of the biggest reasons people believe “cops are antigun”. That’s the message they see in the media. And it’s all due to the leaders of the organizations like the ones in charge of the FOP.
                        "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

+1. And I don't think that's a wise precaution for just LA, either. Not these days. Every LE academy I've ever heard of has preached the "don't-advertise-what-you-do-when-off-duty" sermon, regardless whether it was in a major city or rural America.
                          "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Just another east coast union. 'Nuff said.

They suck. I dropped my membership years ago.
                            The All New
                            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
                              +1. And I don't think that's a wise precaution for just LA, either. Not these days. Every LE academy I've ever heard of has preached the "don't-advertise-what-you-do-when-off-duty" sermon, regardless whether it was in a major city or rural America.
                              I think most people associate an FOP plate more with a supporter than a LEO. Heck before I joined the FOP that is what I thought. I was a LEO way before I joined the FOP. FWIW None of the two academy's I went through preached that sermon...not that I recall. I agree with not broadcasting what you do for a living when 10-42 but at the same time I am not ashamed of my occupation either. When I am off I try to blend in by wearing regular clothes no one seeing my weapon ect. All the same I do hear what you are saying/typing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9514 users online. 450 members and 9064 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X