Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 In California PC 13730 requires a report of one party is "afraid" of the other even if no crime. If verbal only and no fear then no paper.

#2 I decide. Supervisors can cancel or request code 3 responses if they wish, but it's very rare. Dispatch has no say. There are no rules on how many units respond with lights and siren to a call.

#3 My department says if you point a "firearm to gain compliance" it's use of force and thus requires a report. Though I have never pointed a firearm to gain compliance, I point a firearm because of a threat and fear of a potentially life threatening danger. So I've never had to write a report for it.

Comment

Originally posted by airforce81 View Post
      I want to get as much input from different departments as I can for the following questions to compare it to how things work at my agency. I have asked some friends who work in the area and they say our department is different than the rest in regards to the following:

1. Do you do reports for a verbal only domestic situation? Basically just an argument.

No, we don't.

2. Are you allowed to determine your own code response to a call, or does dispatch have to advise you of what code to run?

Our policy dictates what we run to traffic. Basically, anything in progress gets 33 traffic.

3. Is it considered a use of force incident if you point your gun at somebody?

It's not required for our department. However, when I do my LT advised me it would be to my benefit to do one. He stated if I did have to use my weapon on someone, I would have proof that I have drawn on subjects before and not pulled the trigger. So, not it's not required but I do one anyway.

Thanks in advance for any feedback given. You can PM me if you wish to not say on here.
      The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. -Psalm 18:2

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong.

Comment

#1: Yes. All Department of the Army installations are VERY strict on domestic situations. Not only do we have to do a report, but Social Work Services and Family Advocacy are notified. If children witnessed the argument, state child services are notified.

#2: No. The responding officer determines their code response. The last department I was at was different. Dispatch would put out a priority and that priority had a matching code response.

#3: Yes. The military has a lovely use of force continuum. Pointing your weapon is known as "presentation of deadly force" and requires a UoF report.

Comment

1. No crime no report; however, the officer can decide if he or she wants to take a GI.
          2. We get to decide
          3. No we do not need to write a report for just pulling our gun out unless it leads to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by airforce81 View Post
            I want to get as much input from different departments as I can for the following questions to compare it to how things work at my agency. I have asked some friends who work in the area and they say our department is different than the rest in regards to the following:

1. Do you do reports for a verbal only domestic situation? Basically just an argument.
            No. Even physical don't require a report. We lock up the aggressor or both as the situation may dictate but no report is required.
            2. Are you allowed to determine your own code response to a call, or does dispatch have to advise you of what code to run?
            You choose your own as long as you abide by SOP. Dispatch doesn't dictate response type ever. It was brought up once and the supervisors shot it down quickly.
            3. Is it considered a use of force incident if you point your gun at somebody?
            Yep. If you point it at someone your doing a report. Just unholstering does not require a report, just if you point if at someone.

Thanks in advance for any feedback given. You can PM me if you wish to not say on here.
            See above

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3575 users online. 238 members and 3337 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X