300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retdetsgt
    The worst one was when I took a little boy to grand jury. He was about 8 and had been severely beaten and abused by a stepdad. The little guy had a bruise on his back that was a perfect imprint of a running shoe sole.

Anyway, we were quite a bit early and I walked around downtown with him and went into a store. I bought him a little cheap Star Wars toy, about 4 bucks to play with. We went to the grand jury waiting room and he was playing with the toy. He looked up at me and said, "I wish you were my dad." I about lost it right there. That kid was so appreciative of a 4 dollar toy and I thought about all the stuff my kids had and how little he did.
    Man, that touched me! There's been many times we're I wish I could take some of these kids home with me, they don't have a chance.
    The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
    Twitter Facebook

Comment

There's been many times we're I wish I could take some of these kids home with me, they don't have a chance.
      Sometimes, just sometimes, they turn out all right and make it their passion to change the world they live in for the better.

Trust me.

Comment

Like Bernard Goetz.....

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Booth
          Like Bernard Goetz.....
          Yeah, I've talked to 10 year old kids that were reptiles, no feelings left whatsoever. They'd been beaten and abused to the point that they had stuffed what ever normal human feelings they had so deep, they'll never be seen again. Future killers of America.
          "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

I had a 10 or 12 year-old who blew his 2 year-old brother's brains all over the wall with a shotgun. It was loaded with birshot, but their skulls are thin when they're only 2. He was mad at his "parents" such that they were....He already had his alibi together by the time we got there....Said the 2 year-old shot himself, and was telling the parents that everything was going to be OK. It was a dope house..I don't remember much about the case, but I made one court appearance, and the mamma was making dagger eyes at me like I did something wrong...I wish I would have remembered the kid's name to see if he's in prison now for some adult murder...The parents names too, for that matter..

Comment

RetDetSgt:

Your post reminded me of a story from my parther. Every year we do the "shop with a cop" around christmas time for the underprivelaged kids. Each kid gets $20 to spend on whatever they want(usually at Kmart or Wal-Mart), and they walk around the store with one of our officers who help them shop. My partner was walking with a little kid (probably 5), and this kid was amazing, kept buying toys for his little sisters and brothers to play with, and never wanted to buy anything for himself. My partner felt bad for him, and gave him $20 of his own money to buy something for himself. They had a great time shopping together, and at the end of the trip, my partner walked the kid back to the doors of the store where the parents were waiting. Kid walks towards his mother, and then turns around and waves goodbye to my partner. Mother grabs the kid's hand and scolds him loudly "YOU DON"T WAVE AT THE POLICE" and then takes him out of the store while glaring at us.

That was a heartbreaker. And you wonder why kids grow up hating the police. They didn't always hate us....
              Deputy Brandy L. Winfield
              RIP - October 14, 2004

www.ar15armory.com

Comment

I like to think I'm civilized, but the truth be known, there are several "parents" I would like to come across camping in the woods. They'd die real slow.....
                "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by retdetsgt
                  I like to think I'm civilized, but the truth be known, there are several "parents" I would like to come across camping in the woods. They'd die real slow.....
                  The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
                  Twitter Facebook

Comment

My partner and I had just finished checking a school and were standing outsiding BS'ing. LOUD crash from up the street. We race to the scene. Car smashed in the middle of the road, other car sitting in ditch. Driver of car in road, conscious and breathing - although quite intoxicated. No skid marks at all. Driver in second vehicle. Pinned in. I smash open the window and climb in with him. He is agonal breathing. His head is bent back at a very bad angle but still hanging on.

(A body feels very strange when it's dying. Especially in it's last few moments. It's like every muscle, tendon, ligament and fiber is as tight as banjo string - it's very hard to explain.)

The guy goes to sit up, I grab his hand and tell him to hang on. I instantly notice that he has the very unique feel to him. I realize that I'm watching this young man die.
                    I climb out of the car and stand just outside the car window on the street and watch him die. Now, I'm a paramedic student/army medic. I got some knowledge and skills that can help this guy but because of his position and the quickness life is leaving him, I can do nothing. I know it but still dosen't change the fact that I felt rotten for days afterwards.

Several days later, sister of young man, comes to the Dept to see my partner and I (whew). Seems her brother has just come to Texas, legally. Starting a new life, job, school. Drove home this way because his normal way was flooded. Sister thanks us profusely with hugs and tears. We get invited to memorial dinner after the turd is convicted. Everyone involved in this case is there. Police, Paramedics, Asst DA. It was really touching to be apart of such a fine young man's life, even though at the end of it all.

God and I had a very real, serious and heartfelt talk over this. That was one burden I wasn't handling very well and hope that I don't have to do too many more times.
                    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
                    Thomas Paine

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4146 users online. 283 members and 3863 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X