300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you Active Dudes

I'm cool with the 50 state HB218 set up, but I'm gonna give it up and just go back to my regular concealed permit because I really don't care to put up with my agency's restrictions, qualifiying and the other crap in order to be endorsed. Mastter of fact, I'm hearing many agencies are refusing to endorse retired dudes for fear of liability.

Since most states give reciprocity to CCW permits, I'll be good in those. Question is - you run into a retired sworn without the HB 218 endorsement, but has a valid CCW - but your commie state doesn't give reciprocity, you gonna jack him up or let it go.

Just curious.....
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Why deal with your crappy agency policies, do the State Police qual retired cops in your area?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

I really have no idea which states have reciprocity with the Arkansas Concealed Handgun Licensing laws although I know where to readily find a list that I'm not going to look at. That said, show me you're licensed in another state, and I'll let you carry your's anywhere here. Doesn't bother me a bit.

I actually have a valid CHL that I renew every so many years. I obtained it prior to getting into law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
        I really have no idea which states have reciprocity with the Arkansas Concealed Handgun Licensing laws although I know where to readily find a list that I'm not going to look at. That said, show me you're licensed in another state, and I'll let you carry your's anywhere here. Doesn't bother me a bit.

I actually have a valid CHL that I renew every so many years. I obtained it prior to getting into law enforcement.
        As it happens, Arkansas gives reciprocity. Matter of fact, Mrs Trooper and I are fixin to retire for real near Mountain Home in a few years.
        The All New
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by CACBAND View Post
          Why deal with your crappy agency policies, do the State Police qual retired cops in your area?
          LMAO - I AM a retired state trooper! That's the agency I am referring to.
          The All New
          - M1Garand

Comment

Show me your creds and we are good to go. Why even start digging a hole??? I got other crap to do than argue about recriprocity...
            Ask them, Tell them, Make them.

Comment

1042, I won't jam you up. Arizona honors everyone else's concealed permits anyways.

Comment

Sounds like a song and dance to me, Just show'em your FOP Tags
                AZ_FOP_License_plate.jpg
                Oh that's right you don't believe in Police Unions either.
                sigpic Welcome to Sierra Vista

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                  LMAO - I AM a retired state trooper! That's the agency I am referring to.
                  I thought maybe you'd moved to a different state for retirement.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
                  (")_(")
                  Copy and paste Bunny into your
                  signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Iowa honors ANY state's weapons permit.
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Badge Ameri-card is good with me, whether it says retired or not...
                      Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

There's gotta be a local department around that can qualify you.

Here in the apple, the big department doesn't qualify anyone either that is retired. The local agencies that border the apple will qualify for a fee of course.

I would seek local maybe medium sized departments.
                        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

NY doesn't honor any other state's permit, and we barely honor our own permits in state. Furthermore, you cannot even own or possess a handgun in NYS without a permit, unless you are a police/peace officer. HR218 is the only exception to that law, but if you're not HR218 compliant, and you don't have a NYS permit, it's a Felony to possess or carry a handgun anywhere in this state.

Cops here are genuinely pro-cop. (I'm sure you can draw your own inferences as to what that could mean). District Attorneys? That's a different story.
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                            I'm cool with the 50 state HB218 set up, but I'm gonna give it up and just go back to my regular concealed permit because I really don't care to put up with my agency's restrictions, qualifiying and the other crap in order to be endorsed. Mastter of fact, I'm hearing many agencies are refusing to endorse retired dudes for fear of liability.

Since most states give reciprocity to CCW permits, I'll be good in those. Question is - you run into a retired sworn without the HB 218 endorsement, but has a valid CCW - but your commie state doesn't give reciprocity, you gonna jack him up or let it go.

Just curious.....
                            Once I see your retired creds, you are good to go.....same as it would be for a minor traffic violation....cough cough.....
                            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                              ..same as it would be for a minor traffic violation....cough cough.....
                              you HAD to go there didn't you.........................
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10739 users online. 365 members and 10374 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X