Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out with a few guys on a retake warrant a couple of weeks ago. One of the guys on the team advised us that the guy eluded capture about a year ago because he had access to some high speed equipment that either intercepted or somehow allowed him to hear our radio traffic. Team leader put out the word to all team members to move to our secure frequency and ordered "radio silence" until further notice. FNG comes on the radio a few minutes later and says "I'm looking through the guys back window and see him." Team leader says "We're in radio silence, please advise via cell." FNG says "oh, I'll call you on the cell phone. By the way, what's radio silence mean?"
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBroccolo View Post
      This quacked me up!
      ಠ_ಠ lol

Comment

I heard EMS get sent to a softball that got with a head call

Comment

I have two that were pretty good.

Dispatch: Headquarters to units, I have a 107-S (Suspicious subject) in the area of Random Rd. and Made Up St. Black male subject running through the field naked.

Reached for my mic but was too late...

Sergeant: 114, Headquarters. Can we get a clothing description?

Dispatch: 10-50 (negative) 114.

Clicking.

The other happened around 1400 hours on a late July day. One of our units (129) was responding to a disturbance at an apartment complex.

129: 129, Headquarters.... (pause and the sound of car door opening accompanied by a little shuffling.) It's hot outside.

Dispatch: (laughing) 10-4, 129.

Comment

Dispatch tried to raise K9 on the air:

Dispatch: "Any K9 unit on the air?"
            K9 Unit: (keyed up with loud angry barking sounds)
            Dispatch: "Please switch to the NW channel. They need you over there"
            K9 Unit: (more loud barking)
            Dispatch: "10-4"

Officer calling out for a break with a newish dispatcher:

Unit: "Unit# to dispatch. Hold me out for a PR."
            Dispatch: "A 'PR'?"
            Unit: "10-4"
            Dispatch: "Unit#, I'm not familiar with that location. Do you have an address?"
            Unit: "10-4 ma'am, at the precinct"
            Dispatch: "What's a 'PR'?"
            Unit: "You know, 'personal rest'?"
            Dispatch: "Not sure unit#"
            Unit: "I gotta take a poop!"
            Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieKnuckles View Post
              Dispatch tried to raise K9 on the air:

Dispatch: "Any K9 unit on the air?"
              K9 Unit: (keyed up with loud angry barking sounds)
              Dispatch: "Please switch to the NW channel. They need you over there"
              K9 Unit: (more loud barking)

Officer calling out for a break with a newish dispatcher:

Unit: "Unit# to dispatch. Hold me out for a PR."
              Dispatch: "A 'PR'?"
              Unit: "10-4"
              Dispatch: "Unit#, I'm not familiar with that location. Do you have an address?"
              Unit: "10-4 ma'am, at the precinct"
              Dispatch: "What's a 'PR'?"
              Unit: "You know, 'personal rest'?"
              Dispatch: "Not sure unit#"
              Unit: "I gotta take a poop!"
              lol, we do 10-19 personal for those... then I had another officer ask me why the hell i'm telling dispatch that i'm at the station to take a poop. just tell say 10-19 (at station) and call it a day. they don't need a reason. hahah

Comment

Originally posted by FiVo3 View Post
                About 2 years ago: (county deputy)
                XX county to unit 3

unit 3 go ahead

XX: 10-97, barking dogs

U3: 10-4, 10-17 (enroute)

U3: XX county, unable to locate barking dogs, however I do hear crickets chirping....... and frogs....... croaking. Ill be 10-8

Me about 6 months ago:
                XX county to 5xx

5xx go ahead

XX county: SHP requests mutual aid to check on 10-97 donkey in roadway

5xx: 10-4, 10-17

(Find donkey in ditch happily eating grass. Hit the air horn and he takes off in the woods)

5xx to XX county, be advised donkey has left on hoof southbound into the woods, I'll be 10-8.
                HAHAHAHHA.

i'm doing the dog bark one next time... lol

Comment

We call restroom breaks 10-100 or 10-200, depending on estimated time needed.

Comment

Officer: "[Callsign] put me out at the substation on a personal."

Dispatch: "On a what?"

Officer: "A personal."

Dispatch: "A WHAT?"

Officer: "I need to be code brown!"

Dispatch: "I don't have that one in my manual. What is code brown?"

Officer: "I GOTTA POOP!"

Dispatch: *meekly* "Roger."
                    MAC

Comment

"Control to Unit 22."
                      "22" (female officer in 22)
                      "22 meet a complainant, 7 Thompson St. Larceny from a shed"
                      Long pause- Officer has a memory lapse of where Thompson St is.
                      "Control can I get a quickie on Thompson St?"

Three other cars waiting for her when she gets there.

or,
                      Two man car- the habit at the time was to throw the mic on the seat because the clip was in a weird place on the dashboard. Unknowingly the passenger officer was sitting on the mic, keying it up. They were discussing two of their bosses, a male captain and a female sergeant.
                      One of the officers opined how the captain was a real a-hole, but the sergeant was a great boss- The cop announced that he loved working for her so much he'd love to perform an oral sex act on her in the front window of the local Macy's Department store.

oops.
                      "The only means we possess to thank them is to try to be as good an American as they were. We might fall well short of their standard, but there is honor in the effort."

Comment

During a busy night, some unknown off duty officer's radio was taken over by his/her very young child. All you heard was gibberish and child-like laughing. Made for an entertaining night. Also helped melt the stress away to hear the kid laugh.
                        Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12453 users online. 456 members and 11997 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X