Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we be worried?

http://www.comoxvalleyrecord.com/news/135180423.html

Richard Rosenthal is coming here, hired by the government, to investigate Police "misconduct". Seeing that the locals who are coming forward to welcome him are the local "civil-liberties/anti Police front groups, I can only guess what we can expect.

Originally posted by Dudley #1 View Post
    http://www.comoxvalleyrecord.com/news/135180423.html

Richard Rosenthal is coming here, hired by the government, to investigate Police "misconduct". Seeing that the locals who are coming forward to welcome him are the local "civil-liberties/anti Police front groups, I can only guess what we can expect.
    My opinion is that if there is police misconduct, it should be investigated. Doesn't matter if a person is a liberal or conservative, one doesn't turn their back on misconduct.
    Retired

Comment

If an extreme lib does the investigations and finds nothing, your department has a WIN. If they ind something, your department can correct the issues and move on...it's a WIN. Change is good....at least that's what I have been told.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

I don't know anything about Rosenthal, however, I noted a quote in the article you listed that said, "Rosenthal replied that he introduced a rule there that officers who lie to internal affairs investigators are fired. That was a "change in culture," he said."

I'm surprised that this was a "change in culture." Termination for dishonesty is fairly common in my neck of the woods. Without going into a lot of detail, there is a US Supreme Court case, Brady vs. Maryland, that essentially requires us to notify defense counsel if any witness officers have a history of having been dishonest on their official duties. The defense can then bring this up on the stand to impeach that officer's credibility. As a result, the officer is useless as a witness for the rest of his career, so we terminate him for lying.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I'd agree about the lying part, here you can come to work naked wearing a space helmet and twirling your gun around on your pinky...However lie and you're done!
          "Well, I never had an invisible friend when I was young, but I'm sure that if I did, it would be Constable Smiley."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10092 users online. 347 members and 9745 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X