300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad guy with AK and 75 round drum mag

We nearly lost two local officers this morning, a Madison Co. (AL) deputy and a Fayetteville PD (TN) officer to a psycho who robbed a Citco store with an AK-47 and a 75 round drum magazine.
    The shooter had recently discharged from the military with PTSD and knew mil tactics, rolling out on one knee and firing before the officers got out of their vehicles- in two different traffic stops, miles apart.

We got him in custody, and the officers, wounded by shrapnel, are going to be OK.

TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN for moments like this.

http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-2-offi...0,687339.story
    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2015, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Thank GOD the officers are ok!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Comment

Was he shooting at the cops or their cars?

Both are bad, but I am interested in what part of the car was effective cover from 7.62 fire.

I can't believe he didn't shoot the cops, if that's what he was trying to do.

M-11
      “All men dream...... But not equally..
      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
      but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
      for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by 99TAC View Post
        Thank GOD the officers are ok!
        +1
        Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
          Was he shooting at the cops or their cars?

Both are bad, but I am interested in what part of the car was effective cover from 7.62 fire.

I can't believe he didn't shoot the cops, if that's what he was trying to do.

M-11
          Makes you wonder if he was just using the shots as a time buyer for getting away. I agree, someone with military training, should have been able to make the shot if he wanted. Either way though, I hope he A) gets lockedup and B) gets some help for the PTSD
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
          (")_(")
          Copy and paste Bunny into your
          signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Great to hear officers are alright. Several years go, an AK47 was used against a San Antonio, TX area department. Anyone interested, watch the video and then the site showing bullet trajectories. He is a very blessed cop not unlike the op's officers.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE1

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ea6_1...r=newest_first

Comment

I remeber that, one very lucky officer.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
              (")_(")
              Copy and paste Bunny into your
              signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Too bad the suspect wasn't killed.

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
                  Too bad the suspect wasn't killed.
                  That's really ****ty to say. I suffer from PTSD and it is very difficult to deal with. This guy needs serious help; not suicide by cops.

Comment

Originally posted by MEPDtoUSBP View Post
                    That's really ****ty to say. I suffer from PTSD and it is very difficult to deal with. This guy needs serious help; not suicide by cops.
                    I'm sorry you took what I said personally, but if someone shoots at police officers, then they need to expect to suffer the ultimate sacrifice.....I'm going home at night at the end of my shift...

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery for those Brothers.....

Comment

the thing is, they don't need to be prior military to be effective. there are enough videos out there on the internet and videos you can buy that can train you to be an effective shooter.

we had an officer shot by a badguy with an AK a few months back. the badguy wasn't prior military but knew enough about cover/concealment, having extra mags, a sling, and even a backup pistol in a holster...
                        “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6740 users online. 304 members and 6436 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                        X