Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Albuqueque Police Officers Fired Over Arrest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2 Albuqueque Police Officers Fired Over Arrest

    Good luck citizens of Albuquerque, you'll need it...

    http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/c...ught-on-camera

  • #2
    welcome to the kinder gentler America....sounds like a crock to me..
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

    Comment


    • #3
      use verbal judo instead and wear your hat..

      Didn't anyone see that skinheads head was on fire? That Officer was just trying to stomp out the flames. Had that been a Rodney King type those guys would be convicted of federal time without a trail or shipped off to Guantanamo Bay.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

      Comment


      • #4
        Neither Officer did anything wrong..but what did the 1st Officer do that in any way shape or form would be construed as excessive force? Political Correctness run amok AGAIN. Professional Administrators are now running a lot of large Police Departments across the country. These pansy a*&es would look at a video of someone pulling a splinter out of their finger and cringe at how violent it is. Bad guys resist. Taking them into custody when they are fighting DOES NOT LOOK PRETTY. Nothing about what cops do taking scrote bags off the street looks pretty.

        Comment


        • #5
          Uhhh, what did I miss here?

          Looked pretty much OK to me.

          In the words of Lt. Dave Grossman:

          "...the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn't tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports in camouflage fatigues holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, "Baa."
          Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."

          I worry about the future for you younger officers out there. Society wants you to "drop the soap".
          SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
          SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!



          In 2015, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

          Comment


          • #6
            Officer Doyle was a lateral transfer from Philadelphia PD. 18+ years experience. SOLID cop. Chief Schultz was found guilty for violating an APD officer's civil rights a few years ago and the jury awarded direct AND punitive damages totally over $750K+. Nice place... Thank god there are comments like those posted here.

            Comment


            • #7
              My question is why? Clearly (well, OK - it was pretty fuzzy) the kicks were not accomplishing anything - you've got a clear example here of one officer afraid to go hands on. The one on top of him needed support from the second one, and they could have done it clean, professional, no muss, no fuss.

              I have never been trained that you kick someone during handcuffing. You can kick during a fight, of course, if you need to, but here it served no purpose.
              If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

              ---Jack Handey

              Comment


              • #8
                Not saying I agree with it but I can see why the kicking officer was fired. It was really really poor tactics, although I think some form of punishment and retraining would have been better. Using your foot, never looks good, had it been a baton, it would still have looked bad but I'd bet the outcome just might have been different.
                As for the officer on top of him, I really don't see why he got fired unless he lied about the events or something along those lines.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
                (")_(")
                Copy and paste Bunny into your
                signature to help him gain world domination

                Comment


                • #9
                  After about kick 4, the guy's arm is clearly covering his head. The kicking officer got caught up in the heat of the moment and continued after he should have stopped. The officer who tackled the guy clearly needed help HANDCUFFING the suspect, not beating his ***.

                  I'll get flamed for it, which has become pretty common on these boards, but officers found to have used excessive force need to go.
                  Originally posted by K40
                  To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                  ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
                    After about kick 4, the guy's arm is clearly covering his head. The kicking officer got caught up in the heat of the moment and continued after he should have stopped. The officer who tackled the guy clearly needed help HANDCUFFING the suspect, not beating his ***.

                    I'll get flamed for it, which has become pretty common on these boards, but officers found to have used excessive force need to go.
                    But was it excessive force to start with or an inappropriate form of force? I'm not defending the kicking at all (see my above post). However like I said, the tackling officer doesn't appear to need to be fired. From your post, it seems like (and correct me if I read it wrong) that for about the first 3/4 kicks, his force while maybe inappropriate in form was not alone excessive?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
                    (")_(")
                    Copy and paste Bunny into your
                    signature to help him gain world domination

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
                      I'll get flamed for it, which has become pretty common on these boards, but officers found to have used excessive force need to go.
                      You won't get flamed by me. If the excuse is they were distraction kicks, I don't buy it. If they truly thought his right arm was going for a weapon, then restrain and disable his right arm, handcuff him, but don't kick him in the head 12 times.
                      Retired

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by retired View Post
                        You won't get flamed by me. If the excuse is they were distraction kicks, I don't buy it. If they truly thought his right arm was going for a weapon, then restrain and disable his right arm, handcuff him, but don't kick him in the head 12 times.
                        I see what your saying, but none of us were there. I've only fired my shotgun at an armored bulldozer, so I don't know what it is like to shoot at a person, but I've been told by cops I know who have shot people, that they didn't know they emptied their magazine.

                        A few thought they had only fired a few rounds.

                        This Officer, may have believed he needed to kick the perp that many times and was expecting the other Officer to change how he wa trying to handcuff the suspect. I don't know.

                        We can watch the video, and say DO THIS!!!!!, but again we didn't go through the chase, know the history of the suspect etc. etc.

                        The suspect was bruised and battered, but I didn't see a lot of injury to his person after being tackled and having kicks and punches delivered to his head and person.

                        Retraining and whatever is needed, but I wouldn't have fired them.
                        Be safe pulling back into the thread...
                        http://infidelswithhonor.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Welcome to ultra-Liberal New Mexico.
                          Obama Tshirts and welfare cards on your right, enjoy your stay!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dep D View Post
                            I see what your saying, but none of us were there. I've only fired my shotgun at an armored bulldozer, so I don't know what it is like to shoot at a person, but I've been told by cops I know who have shot people, that they didn't know they emptied their magazine.

                            A few thought they had only fired a few rounds.

                            This Officer, may have believed he needed to kick the perp that many times and was expecting the other Officer to change how he wa trying to handcuff the suspect. I don't know.

                            We can watch the video, and say DO THIS!!!!!, but again we didn't go through the chase, know the history of the suspect etc. etc.

                            The suspect was bruised and battered, but I didn't see a lot of injury to his person after being tackled and having kicks and punches delivered to his head and person.

                            Retraining and whatever is needed, but I wouldn't have fired them.
                            Agreed, and of a lot of people monday morning quarterback officers in video's here...and it is not fair to do so...we weren't there. To all the people here who are second guessing these officers, IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME until someone records you with their cell phone camera and then you are second-guessed, even if you did no wrong.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah, I'm REALLY wondering why the officer that tackled the perp was fired. From everything I've seen he did nothing wrong. The officer kicking the guy in the head repeatedly? Yeah, sorry but that was too much. I can understand one strike to distract and then grab an arm but he was way over the top.

                              If I were the officer that tackled the suspect then I would definately lawyer up. I don't see anything he did wrong.

                              Comment

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 8350 users online. 319 members and 8031 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Working...
                              X