300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assist with Policy

I'm looking for help on writing a couple of policies. In my PD we have purchased a few 22 rifles to humanely put down injured wildlife. Currently the Officer uses his/her sidearm. Its a lot easier and quieter in some of our more residential areas to (when possible) walk up close and discharge the small caliber rifle. Does anyone have something that I could use for guidance?

Also I am looking to implement patrol rifles. Due to budgetary constraints, I will not be able to purchase them for Officers so I was hoping to come up with a policy so they can purchase their own if they wish while we supply ammo and qualifications? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Originally posted by kfackina View Post
    I'm looking for help on writing a couple of policies. In my PD we have purchased a few 22 rifles to humanely put down injured wildlife. Currently the Officer uses his/her sidearm. Its a lot easier and quieter in some of our more residential areas to (when possible) walk up close and discharge the small caliber rifle. Does anyone have something that I could use for guidance?

Also I am looking to implement patrol rifles. Due to budgetary constraints, I will not be able to purchase them for Officers so I was hoping to come up with a policy so they can purchase their own if they wish while we supply ammo and qualifications? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Send me your Department E-mail address in a PM
    sigpic
    Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Comment

I've always carried my own patrol rifle. It always was up to departmental firearms instructor/armorer to give the green light on a personal weapon. The department issues the ammo I carry in it. As far as the deer I just use my pistol one round in the head does the trick. My old department use to just give you extra 12 gauge shells to put deer down with.
      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Patrol Rifle

Thats what I'm hoping to do. I am a big fan of the Patrol Rifle and believe it should be in every Officers car and available at all times. Unfortunately, not all Officers have the same thoughts. I wanted to open up the possibility to the ones that do. I would happily supply training, qualifications and ammo to any that would be interested. I did not want to get into the mentality of they start to carry, lose interest, then want to carry again. If you want to carry then dedicate yourself to mastering that weapons platform and stick with it. Did your PD's Firearms Instructor give you specs on a rifle or did he lieave it up to you and then approve or disapprove afterward? Thanks again.

Comment

If you want to carry then dedicate yourself to mastering that weapons platform and stick with it. Did your PD's Firearms Instructor give you specs on a rifle or did he lieave it up to you and then approve or disapprove afterward? Thanks again.
          To the first part, um, not to be a buzzkill but good luck. If they have to buy their own then they more likely too, but how many have no real interest in their handgun? Don't let it stop you, just don't get your hopes up on it.

As was said above PM your E-mail and I'll send you our policy on specs.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
          (")_(")
          Copy and paste Bunny into your
          signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Thats what I'm hoping to do. I am a big fan of the Patrol Rifle and believe it should be in every Officers car and available at all times. Unfortunately, not all Officers have the same thoughts. I wanted to open up the possibility to the ones that do. I would happily supply training, qualifications and ammo to any that would be interested. I did not want to get into the mentality of they start to carry, lose interest, then want to carry again. If you want to carry then dedicate yourself to mastering that weapons platform and stick with it. Did your PD's Firearms Instructor give you specs on a rifle or did he lieave it up to you and then approve or disapprove afterward? Thanks again.
            I just e-mailed you our policy which I think is close to exactly what you are looking for.
            sigpic
            Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Comment

CACBAND - I know exactly what you mean about getting hopes up. Been on this job 23 years and had those hopes crushed more than once. I'll keep going though. There's still alot of good ones out there that deserve the effort. Thanks for helping out.

SSD - Got your email. Thanks very much.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10746 users online. 525 members and 10221 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X