Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWI Detection Tips and Tricks

Ok,

So I'm doing pretty well on the DWI front this year. I have over 55 for the year so far and I like that because it means that these idiots aren't out there killing people. Even though I feel like I'm doing well at DWI detection while on the road, looking for driving clues and getting PC or RS, I'm wondering what you guys have to say about your techniques.

Lets here how you guys find yours. Where do you sit? Do you work mostly stationary or do you roam and get behind as many cars as possible? Lets share some info so we can get more of these dudes off the road.

This was a pretty good thread.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ighlight=drunk
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

While not huge deal to talk shop regarding DWI enforcement I'd say lets not make it easy on folks regardless of the fact that if they are drunk they still won't be able to avoid certain detection methods even with prior knowledge. I'd prefer to see things like this discussed on the more secure forums out there where unverifiefed people can't even browse the thread. Hey anyone seen the latest addition of American Police Beat
      Last edited by creolecop; 08-12-2011, 03:07 PM.
      Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

I will say this. If you sit watching a major roadway you will see more cars than if you drive along with traffic.
        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Stop as many cars as possible between 2200 and 0300 hrs. IMO
          I want a tapatalk plugin for officer.com forums!!!!

Comment

You will see more cars, but have very little time to assess their driving behavior, which is important for DUI enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by jthorpe View Post
              I have over 55 for the year so far
              I'd say if you have 55 for the year, you probably don't need any tips Just out of curiosity, are you working in a DWI Enforcement Unit or patrol? And are you in a city, suburb or rural area?
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Reils, he works for the NCHP.
                " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

Originally posted by creolecop View Post
                  While not huge deal to talk shop regarding DWI enforcement I'd say lets not make it easy on folks regardless of the fact that if they are drunk they still won't be able to avoid certain detection methods even with prior knowledge. I'd prefer to see things like this discussed on the more secure forums out there where unverifiefed people can't even browse the thread. Hey anyone seen the latest addition of American Police Beat
                  I couldn't agree more.

I wish they had a verfied section on here.....

I haven't read APB in a while.....I think I'll go ahead and take a peak....

Comment

We had a person like that who used to get those kinds of OUI arrest numbers. After a while, the judge in that area started to see a pattern of the officer's methodology and didn't like it. No sense in getting tons of arrests if they're mostly garbage and you lose in court.
                    Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

Originally posted by statebear View Post
                      I haven't read APB in a while.....I think I'll go ahead and take a peak....
                      The traffic on that "MAGAZINE" site has picked up for a while.

For the record, I have 47 this year so far. Had a DWI trial thursday and the guy went against his lawyers advise and demanded to proceed with trial. At the end he got crushed from evidence and even his own testimony, the judge told him a trial was his right but that with the overwhelming evidence it's no doubt he was operating the car and that he was intoxicated and implored him to take responsibility for his actions. Told him he wasted everyone in the court rooms time today with this sharade and lie and then blew everyone away with the sentence.....on a DWI 1st he got 5mo in jail among a HOST of other probationary mandates and fines that HAVE to be paid or spend more time in jail. I am proud to say that as of this date I have never lost a case, many have been plead down but my jurisdiction has a backlog of cases as alot of areas do and I can say with me for every case the DA closes I give them 5 more . Most plea guilty hoping to avoid the stiffest penalty after their lawyer looked the case over (and video) and found no holes to punch through. I had 7 this year hire this "big bad" DWI specialty advertising lawyer and not a one of them went to trial. All plead guilty in exchange for a moderate to fair sentence. That part is not on me, I'd prefer take them all to trial but I'll settle for the conviction because if they keep it up they'll get mandatory prison time (our laws have toughened alot).
                      Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Originally posted by jthorpe View Post
                        I have over 55 for the year so far
                        Originally posted by creolecop View Post
                        For the record, I have 47 this year so far.
                        I had 17 last year & my partner had about the same, and we thought we were doing good
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I use the following template on all my DWI's: Saw drunk, arrested same.. Works all the time.... jk.

Heck, when I took my SFST-Instuctor School last October, the agency that sponsored the course had an officer in their DWI-Unit who was at either 265 or 285 for the year... I couldn't remember exactly which one, but that was his number. I know they discussed how he was able to get five the night before and complete all the paperwork within his shift...

Comment

Shoot, I was thrilled when I got 5 in a weekend, can't imagine getting that in a night. I have a DUI report template now and can do the reports pretty quick, but I am very particular with my DUI cases and want everything to be as close to perfect as possible.

As for how I got those 5, one was called in by an off duty dep, one was almost hit me during an accident investigation, and one was doing doughnuts in a parking lot. Other two were just regular hunting.
                            Originally posted by Ceridwen
                            Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

i got over 150 for the year so far and I have had about a month total time off so far and will end up with about another month off before the year is over. I hope to end up around 250 to 300 for the year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12410 users online. 467 members and 11943 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X