300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bath salts

What other regions are having serious issues with bath salts? In the last few weeks, we've dealt with this on a pretty regular basis. I haven't seen an explosion of abuse like this since meth...with far worse side effects.

We've had a man with a hatchet walking down the road, throwing it at passing cars. One trying to land a Cesna in the PVA of Walmart. A jumper from the bridge...more like a dangler. One jumped the counter at the pharmacy to escape the demons chasing him only to discover they 'hid' in rx bottles. One girl protesting an arrest in front of the Magistrate Office at 0100 hours...naked except for ugg boots. One on all fours barking and trying to bite the tires of cars...that were moving.

All in the last few weeks. All high on bath salts. And the town is only ~35K....and this has been while *I'VE* been on...who knows what happened while I was off-duty.

However, the State of NC banned the sale on Wednesday and the media was "nice" enough to let everyone know...thereby creating a rush to buy up everything on Tuesday.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Missouri just banned a bunch more.....and my old Agency just raided (2) Stop and Robs that were acting as head shops and selling that stuff.....along with a whole bunch of other illegal items......

Comment

It's in Alabama as well, some really bad side effects to that stuff...
      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

In case you're wondering what the heck this stuff is, Wikipedia has a pretty good description of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylenedioxypyrovalerone

Comment

Here's some pretty current information on synthetic narcotics.

Comment

It's been a year now since I first ran into it. I actually thought it was meth (it was in the same type of bindle and tucked into a meth pipe) and booked the person... It's not too common here, but spice is becoming VERY common. And it's like the pcp explosion. It's been the cause of several officer needs help calls in the past few months.

Angels trumpet is making a come back too. freaking hippies can get high off of anything.

Comment

Surprisingly out here in Colorado I have not heard much in the way of these things. In my area, the worst we get is some people trying to buy MMJ without a Rx at the local dispensary.

Comment

We deal with it occasionally, had a guy whacked out of his mind not too long ago. He was half naked, banging on some old person's door screaming for help because someone was trying to kill him.

Comment

My personal physicians son commited suicide last Nov.(oddly enough at the same date/time that I got shot),he had been to the ER (where his step mom is an MD ) and cleared to come home,doc stayed up with him all night(in the same bed with him even) and dozed for a few minutes,woke to go find him dead with a .22 round.
                  Since than doc has been on Good Morning America,and other shows advocating the demise of this crud.La. has passed laws but they are still working around them,and still showing up,this crap is WORSE than the "angel dust" of the 70s and 80s,

http://www.wdsu.com/news/26699218/detail.html

One of our local PDs had to kill a suspect about a month ago who had broken into several elderly citizens apts (it was a seniors complex),and beat them with chunks of concrete.Hands on,taser etc had NO effect.

Comment

Its becoming pretty widely abused in military circles too, but it is still flying under the radar mostly. Only a few people have actually been hospitalized for it.

Comment

Bath salts???? Like the stuff I take a bath in???? How do you get high on that???
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

^Ok. I got curious and checked it out. I haven't scene this yet....we're still dealing with a heroin epidemic....I'm sure it's coming though. Thanks for the heads up smurf.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

reils, I was with you at first. The first guy I dealt with told me he got high on bath salts. I thought, how do you get high of Epsom Salt. Then I did research.

South Central Pennsylvania, we're seeing it a lot. At least once a week if not more.
                          Brad

Comment

I went on duty and while sitting in my driveway, the sheriffs department puts out "officer needs assistance". I didn't make it up to the location since a couple other deputies were close.

I don't know what the original call was, something like a neighbor dispute, but when the deputy got to the call, she rolled her window down to speak to one of the people there and he ripped her window completely off. I was told that the guy looked like he was possessed by the devil. He was high on bath salts.

Unfortunately my state hasn't even banned K2 yet, except for county ordinances banning the sale. Haven't even begun to work on bath salts.
                            I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it

"But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet
                            it" - Thucydides

sigpic

Comment

[email protected] Reils

The issue is that there is NO telling how they are going to react. The man with the hatchet was hard core serious...the man trying to land the Cesna was bugging out, but not violent. There's no rhyme or reason as to how someone is going to react. There is no specific age group that I've seen....we had one in his sixties and we've had a thirteen year old. I have never in my career seen something like this mess. It's freaking scary.
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3462 users online. 175 members and 3287 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X