300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPOLICE View Post
    Reminds me of the "Get out of Darby!!" incident.

not familiar with that incident
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by vacop2 View Post
      Let me ask you all this, would you mind say a Dept of VA (Federal) Police backing you up. Now what would you sayy if I told you that it has been stated plain and clear that certain " people " that run the academy would have that VA officer fired for backing up an officer that was being assaulted off VA property
      That's ridiculous, Veterans Affairs Police are Officers with a very limited jurisdiction. If they happen to be driving by while I'm getting my a** handed to me on the side of the road, I'd only be ****ed if they didn't stop. & fired for what, did the VAPO make the traffic stop, cause the fight, or are they showing up on non VAPD calls all the time.

Comment

I will graciously accept backup from any agency at any time. My closest SO backup could quite possibly by 45 minutes away running code. Even so, the closest backup from a local PD may still be 20 away running code. That is what you get for running a county the size of Rhode Island with only 4 full time PDs and 2 part time ones.

Comment

I saw a state trooper on a traffic stop. Nothing else was going on so I casually pull up behind him and get out my car and ask if everything was ok. He asks, "Did I call for your help"? To which I replied no. He said, "Ok your free to leave". So I left thinking what a butthole and remember his call sign.

Its NOT uncommon at all for the highway patrol to come up on our channel and ask the county to spare a unit for help on their wrecks because they are 'backed up. Heck, most of the time we are backed up worse then they are but I will still add their call as just another one on our list to get to. I dont have a problem with helping another agencies. But sometimes it gets ANNOYING when its 1-3 times per shift. SCHP works road/highway wrecks and runs radar in their spare time. County/City Police do that AND everything else, so we usually have our hands full all the time.

One day he calls to ask if a county unit can ride by this certain location to check on a wreck and possibly direct traffic if needed. He explained that they were busy and he was a good ways out. I took him to our talk around channel and replied, "Sure, where are you coming from". He told me. I said, "we are backed on calls to, if you can take a domestic thats been holding for an hour on your way in since your closer, then I will have someone go ahead and work that wreck." All you heard were crickets chirping after that.
          Last edited by DeputySC; 06-21-2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputySC View Post
            Its NOT uncommon at all for the highway patrol to come up on our channel and ask the county to spare a unit for help on their wrecks because they are 'backed up. Heck, most of the time we are backed up worse then they are but I will still add their call as just another one on our list to get to. I dont have a problem with helping another agencies. But sometimes it gets ANNOYING when its 1-3 times per shift. SCHP works road/highway wrecks and runs radar in their spare time. County/City Police do that AND everything else, so we usually have our hands full all the time.
            That might be a difference in barracks because up in this end of the state, the majority of troopers will stop and at least keep an eye on you if you're on a traffic stop and well wave and/or stop and thank you if you do the same with them. They've also been more than willing to come help us with some big fights at some of our nightclubs and stuff. Every once in a blue moon we might get an ***hat, but mostly, they're all cool and willing to work together.
            “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4753 users online. 260 members and 4493 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X