300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MCSD View Post
    That was an awesome story. I don't understand how the sheriff kept him on after he gave a story to his boss full of lies.
    His Daddy was/is the Sheriff in a neighboring county.......so.... he got time off instead of being fired.

Daddy couldn't save him from the Trooper ........ nor could Daddy save him from the DV.....

Comment

Eff him. Personally I love it when when I get backed by other agencies. Any cop is my friend on a stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
        The deputy drove to the location, noticed it was across county line and just turned around and left. He advised over the radio that they don't respond to calls out of county.... I've never forgiven that agency for that.
        if that happened here, life would be made very hard for that Deputy. its not uncommon for the local PD to go 8-10 miles outside jurisdiction to just cover a Deputy on a traffic stop.

Hell, at three in the morning its normal for the PD to go to call with the County SO just cause they are bored.

Comment

I once went 25 miles outside of my JD to a T/A involving a child with a broken neck. I showed up 15 minutes before medical and the SO. I received my "thanks" and never heard a negative thing from anyone. A year later I backed up the neighboring PD when They had stopped a reported DUI just outside of their limits (in county). We found two aggressive/drunk drivers who had loaded handguns under the seat. The next day I find out that the officer I covered for got a reprimand for doing the stop and that all of the top brass were mad at me (still don't follow the logic behind that one) It has been a year since that stop and just now are the brass at the other PD warming back up to me again.

Comment

Screw him. I work for a large agency (in my area) and welcome all the backup I can get. We're all cops, and we all help each other when we can.

Comment

All this talk about backup!?!?!?! Did Dirty Harry ever need backup??????

Comment

I've been in the reverse situation once or twice - forgot to turn on my walkie when I was out on a traffic stop or call. Having another officer (even from another agency) pull up and check on you because you couldn't be reached is kind of humiliating but also comforting to know that there are people looking out for me. And the humiliation was strictly my own fault.
                “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Every once in a while, my agency comes across a rookie trooper with that attitude...it usually subsides after they get their butt kicked one good time on a dark country road by a suspect. After that, they are all smiles when you roll up to back them.

I'm not knocking troopers, they have a tough job that requires a good bit of self-confidence, but there are a few newer ones that forget they are human too. Some of our troopers cover a whole county or two by themselves, with maybe a deputy or two in those counties.

Comment

When we're being status checked, don't answer dispatch or nextel then someones coming to check on us. My agency checks on them if the shoe's on the other foot, jurisdiction be damned and we're all happy. Now if an officer has it happen to them too frequently, they'll end up in an office sitting across from someone with stripes and politely be lectured on pulling their head out of their ***. I'd imagine the wonderful person you backed up has a problem with making a mistake and taking ownership of it, so they macho'd up to save face. You did what's right and what I would expect of any cop no matter what the patch say's.

P.S I'm a Deputy

Comment

Let me ask you all this, would you mind say a Dept of VA (Federal) Police backing you up. Now what would you sayy if I told you that it has been stated plain and clear that certain " people " that run the academy would have that VA officer fired for backing up an officer that was being assaulted off VA property

Comment

Originally posted by SCDetective View Post
                        Every once in a while, my agency comes across a rookie trooper with that attitude...it usually subsides after they get their butt kicked one good time on a dark country road by a suspect. After that, they are all smiles when you roll up to back them.

I'm not knocking troopers, they have a tough job that requires a good bit of self-confidence, but there are a few newer ones that forget they are human too. Some of our troopers cover a whole county or two by themselves, with maybe a deputy or two in those counties.
                        It's good to know our city and county brothers have our backs...god only we knows we need help sometimes on the back roads and open highways at 0-dark thirty when we're getting our butts kicked. But it goes both ways.... you know how it is when us Troopers roll into town, and we see you guys with a mutt proned out on the pavement at gunpoint and we stop to assist...and then get waved off by a local cop with a hard on for stetsons. In these instances I just take my statewide jurisdiction elsewhere, and enjoy a hot cup of coffee and a burger at the diner. It is what it is.
                        Last edited by reils49; 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

He is a idiot. Next time you see him, walk right past him. See how he reacts....

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                            It's good to know our city and county brothers have our backs...god only we knows we need help sometimes on the back roads and open highways at 0-dark thirty when we're getting our butts kicked. But it goes both ways.... you know how it is when us Troopers roll into town, and we see you guys with a mutt proned out on the pavement at gunpoint and we stop to assist...and then get waved off by a local cop with a hard on for stetsons. In these instances I just take my statewide jurisdiction elsewhere, and enjoy a hot cup of coffee and a burger at the diner. It is what it is.
                            Many yrs ago I was sent to an alarm at a farm implement dealer. HUGE building with multiple entrances/exits. It WAS 0-dark-30 and backup was busy on other business.

As I arrived, dispatch advised that a Trooper was nearby and would be assisting................(not on the same frequency) I oked that and went on scene....................expecting to see him as he drove up.......................

As I walked around the building checking doors (gun drawn) I almost shot the poor guy. He had got there just before me and while blacked out drove around to the back of the building to start checking. Needless to say when I rounded the building and saw movement...................the old "freeze or I'll blow you away" type statement slipped out.

The Trooper turned various stages of white, which was interesting due to his race.

We laughed over that situation for nearly 30 yrs until we both retired........................We were both pretty young on that day
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Reminds me of the "Get out of Darby!!" incident.

Comment

There was an incident by me not too long ago where a plain clothes county cop was shot by a guy from another agency who was backing them on a gun run. Their PBA came out and said they had no business being there, I didn't agree with that at all.

very unfortunate what happened... guy came up to the scene in plain clothes with an M4, retired cop who happened to be there saw him and yelled "gun!" One cop from the other agency went to grab him, rifle muzzle came up, and his partner shot and killed him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2588 users online. 120 members and 2468 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X