300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    I've heard through the grapevine he's doing sheet rock now for a living......
    A fitting punishment. I had to sheetrock my basement this winter and that sucked!!!!
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
      The deputy drove to the location, noticed it was across county line and just turned around and left. He advised over the radio that they don't respond to calls out of county....
      He should work the county I live in.....................there is a 15 sq mile section ---that due to a river and no bridges is--totally inaccessible unless you leave the county & drive through the bordering counties....
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The deputy drove to the location, noticed it was across county line and just turned around and left. He advised over the radio that they don't respond to calls out of county.... I've never forgiven that agency for that. Buddy played for me that dispatch audio, so I know it did happen.
        We do have a member on here from that agency.....would love to hear his take on it in PMs.....

Comment

Wouldn't your Chief catch a clue if ANY Officer from another agency was b*tching about receiving back up on a call? That in itself should be a clue. Who fusses about receiving help (needed or not at the moment) from someone with obvious good intentions. Sounds like the Officer you attempted to help has issues and not any you're likely to be able to solve or placate. You did the right thing.
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

You did the right thing, he's a dip [email protected] said....if you came to me like that i would have thanked you, apologised via radio to dispatch, and away we go
            "Well, I never had an invisible friend when I was young, but I'm sure that if I did, it would be Constable Smiley."

Comment

We are all cops here, I know hiring standards and training is pretty uniform for all cities, no biggie, nothing to sweat. Heck I imagine in less then 10 years we will all either be with the Sheriff's Office or a combined PD anyways.
              I was checked on at a car stop by an armed security officer one night behind the business where he worked. The guy was in better shape and had a more squared away looking uniform than some of the sworn folks I have worked with. I thanked the guy and shot the breeze with him for about 10 minutes after the stop. Never turn your nose up at an extra gun showing up, you never know when it might come in handy.

I guess I'm pretty lucky where I work, we three LE agencies that work hand in hand and don't have any of these type of rivalries among the troops.
              Last edited by Georgetime; 06-04-2011, 02:07 PM.
              Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

Originally posted by Georgetime View Post
                Never turn your nose up at an extra gun showing up, you never know when it might come in handy.

Truer words never spoken.
                sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                  Wouldn't your Chief catch a clue if ANY Officer from another agency was b*tching about receiving back up on a call? That in itself should be a clue. Who fusses about receiving help (needed or not at the moment) from someone with obvious good intentions. Sounds like the Officer you attempted to help has issues and not any you're likely to be able to solve or placate. You did the right thing.
                  ^^This.....you did fine. Let him gripe all he wants...safety TRUMPS ego..and a dipstick who doesnt know how to turn up his radio
                  "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                  The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                  sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                  Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

We do have a member on here from that agency.....would love to hear his take on it in PMs.....
                    They have some good deputies, particularly in the detective unit and some on the road that will definitely help out and check on you. They also have quite a few that won't even wave..... I'm sure they have their side of the story and some of it might be warranted, particularly 10 years ago. But a lot has changed....
                    Last edited by Dingo990; 06-04-2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

particularly in the detective unit ....
                      Suck-up...

Comment

Suck-up...
                        I actually said that before the PM and I mean it. In 6 years working full/part time they have been pretty good about helping out.

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                          How does he know your chief, but not know your department?

M-11
                          I told him who I was with on scene. The chief is pretty known since he used to work for another dept for about 10 years and has been chief for 10 more.

The deputy drove to the location, noticed it was across county line and just turned around and left. He advised over the radio that they don't respond to calls out of county....
                          Wow. Just wow.

Chief has been in town his whole life and knows that department's attitude. Funny thing is the city is the same size and has better equipment, but go out of their way to thank you when you help them out.
                          Originally posted by Ceridwen
                          Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Truer words never spoken.
                            Unless that gun's owner shoots like some of our officers! They're just as likely to shoot me as they are to shoot the offender
                            Originally posted by K40
                            To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                            ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

What kind of HAMMERHEAD gets ticked off when another officer backs him/her up? We don't have that problem here. I have stopped to back up other agencies when picking up or dropping off prisoners, or on our borders, or on the interstate and never had one guy/gal not appreciate it. You take care of each other, plain and simple. That kind of petty bull$hit would not fly here.
                              " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

Had the same thing (for the most part) happen to me when I was working part-time for a small rural City PD back home.....but mine has a spin to it......
                                That was an awesome story. I don't understand how the sheriff kept him on after he gave a story to his boss full of lies.

I once got laid off for "being rude" as a armed guard at a security company. I tried to meet with the security officer (Navy Lt.) but he refused. Two months later, I gave it another shot and left him a phone message. He contacted my manager and told him that I had a recording of the incident and to listen to it. If he determined I wasn't "rude" to the GS-13, I would be allowed to come back to work for CNRSW. I was offered to returned but declined since days earlier I accepted a 0083 job.
                                Last edited by MCSD; 06-04-2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2723 users online. 137 members and 2586 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X