Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJLAWMAN214
    replied
    18 is an adult here. Juvenile can be waivered up but not unless it is a very serious offense. It sucks!!

Leave a comment:

• Se7en
    replied
    Originally posted by LawFowl View Post
    It's 17 in Texas too, but it's still unclear to me if a 17 year old is a runaway or just a person who has left home. The Code of Criminal Procedure and Family Code have different feelings on what is a juvenile when it comes to being entered as a runaway. CCP says under 18 is child, meaning that you can discipline until they're 18. Our dept. doesn't list a 17 year old as a runaway, but we'll list them as a missing person if we don't know where they're at. If we can get a hold of them or come about their whereabouts, we don't list them as missing. But we don't make them come home.

Little off topic, but that's my trouble with a 17 year old.
    My understanding is under 18 can still be considered a runaway.

Leave a comment:

• Badgerland
    replied
    17 is automatically an adult when an offender, but a juvenile when a victim. If an 18 year old batters a 17 year old, the 18 year old can be charged with physical abuse to a child.

Leave a comment:

• mavriktu
    replied
    Originally posted by That Guy View Post
    Why not make it 10?
    Beleive it or not,I would be willing to bet it would help.At 17,they are pretty much "made",at 10,if you think to when you were 10,I am sure we ALL had something happen we remember BIG TIME,maybe a night in jail may be one to last a lifetime,and at 18 if you stay clean,all is forgiven,so to speak.(dontcha love run on sentences??)

Leave a comment:

• SGT53
    replied
    16 can be charged as an adult, they would not go to the adult jail (depends on crime), however they can be placed at our Juvenile detention Center. Most cases they are released to a parent or guardian.

Leave a comment:

• HCSO511
    replied
    Originally posted by creolecop View Post
    FYI, for you guys who like'm LEGAL but young, yes, 17 is the age here that makes them LEGAL.
    In Okla 16 is legal for these purposes as long as she not intoxicated in any way. Not sure Id want to push this issue much but thats the law. For criminal purposes 18 and up. I'd kill for 17 to be the age. As anyone else does Im sure, we take a lot of mouth from 17 y/o who have been taught at home and school that they can do whatever they want.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Not here; you have to be 18 to go to jail. Anything younger (but older than 10) has to go to juvy. The problem is that you have to call and get permission from a supervisor at juvenile hall in order to bring a kid to jail. If the kid is a non-violent offender then it is impossible to get them in to juvy.

Leave a comment:

• mp1161
    replied
    18 to be charged as an adult in MD, however 16 is the legal age of consent

Leave a comment:

• That Guy
    replied
    Why not make it 10?

Leave a comment:

• creolecop
    replied
    Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
    Younger than 15 'can be' considered adult depending on the charge here. 16 is flat across the board in NC, be it a traffic misdemeanor, to drugs, to fraud, to fights and everything in between. 16, you go to jail. Period. It's LOVELY.
    Thats FLIPPING awesome!!!!! I thought Louisiana was unique with the 17 deal, I had no idea there were states going at it at 16 thats awesome. Thats where I think it needs to be here. 16 is right about where I think it needs to be.

Leave a comment:

• Plumley
    replied
    Illinois is also 17 for adult. Jail, legal Emancipation etc.

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    17 is automatically an adult for criminal purposes.

10 to 17 can be waived into adult court if they committed any of the following offenses: (1) first-degree intentional homicide; 2) second-degree homicide; 3) reckless homicide; and 4) battery to a guard in a secured detention facility.

14 year old's can be waived into adult court for sexual assault, car jacking or armed robbery.

15 is the age for all other offenses.

Also, once a juvenile has been waived into adult court for any offense, they are considered an adult for all future offenses.

The Wisconsin Supreme Court just upheld a life without parole sentence for a 14 year old out of Green Bay.

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    Originally posted by creolecop View Post
    In Louisiana you CAN BE charged as an adult at 15 but thats reserved for serious crimes normally involving death. I'm referring to an adult for ALL criminal offenses to include the smallest of misdemeanors, if you are 17 and you get arrested you go to adult jail that night no court hearings to determine if one is moved to adult court or stay in juvenile court, Juvie court here ends at 16. So in NC a 16 yr old is considered 100% an adult legally? or just in some instances? If it's 100% an adult I'm all for that. These criminals are getting younger and younger and more brazen and bold therefore they need to be cut down to size earlier.

Younger than 15 'can be' considered adult depending on the charge here. 16 is flat across the board in NC, be it a traffic misdemeanor, to drugs, to fraud, to fights and everything in between. 16, you go to jail. Period. It's LOVELY.

Leave a comment:

• streetshark394
    replied
    17 is a keeper here also. Almost want to send out birthday cards to some just to remind them we know it's "game on".

Leave a comment:

• vincelli
    replied
    16 in NYS. Straight to jail; do not pass go, do not collect $200.

17 is the age of consent.

-V

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5652 users online. 330 members and 5322 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X