Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illinois is also 17 for adult. Jail, legal Emancipation etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
      Younger than 15 'can be' considered adult depending on the charge here. 16 is flat across the board in NC, be it a traffic misdemeanor, to drugs, to fraud, to fights and everything in between. 16, you go to jail. Period. It's LOVELY.
      Thats FLIPPING awesome!!!!! I thought Louisiana was unique with the 17 deal, I had no idea there were states going at it at 16 thats awesome. Thats where I think it needs to be here. 16 is right about where I think it needs to be.
      Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Why not make it 10?
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

18 to be charged as an adult in MD, however 16 is the legal age of consent

Comment

Not here; you have to be 18 to go to jail. Anything younger (but older than 10) has to go to juvy. The problem is that you have to call and get permission from a supervisor at juvenile hall in order to bring a kid to jail. If the kid is a non-violent offender then it is impossible to get them in to juvy.

Comment

Originally posted by creolecop View Post
              FYI, for you guys who like'm LEGAL but young, yes, 17 is the age here that makes them LEGAL.
              In Okla 16 is legal for these purposes as long as she not intoxicated in any way. Not sure Id want to push this issue much but thats the law. For criminal purposes 18 and up. I'd kill for 17 to be the age. As anyone else does Im sure, we take a lot of mouth from 17 y/o who have been taught at home and school that they can do whatever they want.

Comment

16 can be charged as an adult, they would not go to the adult jail (depends on crime), however they can be placed at our Juvenile detention Center. Most cases they are released to a parent or guardian.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy View Post
                  Why not make it 10?
                  Beleive it or not,I would be willing to bet it would help.At 17,they are pretty much "made",at 10,if you think to when you were 10,I am sure we ALL had something happen we remember BIG TIME,maybe a night in jail may be one to last a lifetime,and at 18 if you stay clean,all is forgiven,so to speak.(dontcha love run on sentences??)
                  Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

17 is automatically an adult when an offender, but a juvenile when a victim. If an 18 year old batters a 17 year old, the 18 year old can be charged with physical abuse to a child.
                    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Originally posted by LawFowl View Post
                      It's 17 in Texas too, but it's still unclear to me if a 17 year old is a runaway or just a person who has left home. The Code of Criminal Procedure and Family Code have different feelings on what is a juvenile when it comes to being entered as a runaway. CCP says under 18 is child, meaning that you can discipline until they're 18. Our dept. doesn't list a 17 year old as a runaway, but we'll list them as a missing person if we don't know where they're at. If we can get a hold of them or come about their whereabouts, we don't list them as missing. But we don't make them come home.

Little off topic, but that's my trouble with a 17 year old.
                      My understanding is under 18 can still be considered a runaway.

Comment

18 is an adult here. Juvenile can be waivered up but not unless it is a very serious offense. It sucks!!
                        " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5312 users online. 318 members and 4994 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X