X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DOAcop38
    South central escapee...
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Georgetime
    So now you're basically accusing those of us who found inviting "Common" to the White House insulting of being racist. Wow, that's not overplayed or anything. You are either seriously confused as to what the whole thread was originally about, or you are deliberately trying to muddy the waters. Not sure which.
    No, George time- but talk what you actually KNOW- not some BS you got peeved about, then use it as "another excuse" to Hate Pres.Obama. Its funny how so many rightwingers love to rant about "freedom" until its something THEY don't want to hear about( guess 1st amend. rights mean diddly to you FREEDOM in America types) .

Racism? let me turn that mirror on you- how many posts here on O.com talk about how truly F'd up the militia crowd is, or how dangerous OMGs are, or the dumb skinhead or KKK dickweed they ran into??? but let the mention of some dumb thug idiot from the ghetto, or some rapper who made anti cop/"majority population" comments arise, and we get TONS of posts about it. Common- a poot butt by even the hardcore( and dangerous elements in rap) got invited by Obama, because Obama is a Chicago guy, and digs what a young man from his area (Common) did to "make good" in this world- is Common( ala "the Common man") some mystical guru and be virtue,the end all/be all of urban young people? HELL NO !!!! does he have something to say? sure ,i guess he does. As far as I'm concerned, BHO could invite George Strait or Lady ante bellum( a group name that evokes the
    ugly thought of "massah's big house" in blks) or Green day, or Yo Yo Ma to the white house, and some of the "right is right" crowd here would find an excuse to b*tch and moan
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 05-27-2011, 11:51 PM.
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

• DOAcop38
      South central escapee...
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Georgetime
      The argument has never been that it's not a free county, nor to outlaw rap. It's just that the whole situation pi55 poor, like I said before:

...it is reprehensible that a family who is without their husband/father after all these years has to know that on Police Week, while his body lies cold and dead and his name is etched in solid stone that the President has invited someone who has publicly praised their officer's killer to "recite poetry" during Police Week. THAT is the issue... The issue is NOT:

Whether Obama had the right to do it
      Whether rap as a whole is of any artistic value
      Whether Fox News has opinion shows with conservatives on them
      That Obama likes to spend taxpayer money on federal programs that might indirectly benefit cops
      That the President's skin is black
      Oh really? then write a post to talk about the views of guys like Huckabee AGAINST the Gov't or Fox darlings like G.gordon Liddy- who have RANTED anti gov't / even anti LE opinions.

and for the record, NOBODY, save a few "out of touch" idiots in the Blk Congress group, even feel or know who Chessimard is.While on on your beat, ask a Blk Kid who she is- most don't give a rats butt- they listen to Common ( if at all- the music moves on quite fast) because of his SOUND and the backbeat of his musci recording, not the content of the message. funny, but if you go to many colleges, you have WHITE,SUBURBAN kids listening more intently and being naively "aroused" to RALLY around the radical sentiment of the musci than some kid on the street corner of "hood" and "project ave"

I knew about people like Shakur,aka Chesimard when I was a kid. My uncle DIED a bitter, angry , and lonely '60s radical( a former Blk Panther from Richmond,CA) I grew up chanting "yo soy Che", sitting on the steps when my uncle met with Michael Zinzun and was given a translated version of Maos' "Red book". BUT like every maturing AMERICAN, I also learned the other side of the world; My dad exposed me to other cultures, including the so called "oppressor culture" , and I found out that people are no different than any other, some bad, many good at heart. I LEARNED that Che Guevara was a SPOILED brat from a affluent family, who could have DONE so much MORE for the world, if he didn't decide to go romping around the jungle terrorizing poor communities in central and south america. I learned that Mao was a MASS murderer, rapist, and torturer, who nearly destroyed China, and that "sister Asaata" was not a political freedom fighter, but a criminal who RAN away like a murdering coward,rather than stand on her so called "revolutionary principles"

I also learned that my uncle was a man with demons who NEEDED my "working class hero" dad- his older brother, to save his *** and some of his alcoholic and drug addicted ex panthers butts more time than a few, cause the local LAPD officers in the area KNEW and respected my dad. It was listening to my Dad, and learning to RESPECT police officers that made me what I am today, but to a small part, it was listening ALSO to people like Zinzun and my uncle Bobby, that made me understand that people- NO MATTER what they look like or say, do have a right to a DIFFERENT opinion and view.

See, Georgetime, we all grow and our perspectives on life and issues change as we LEARN MORE.Many so called "anti establishment hippies" are now middle class suburbanite "reagan democrats".( too damn bad that so many rightwingers eventually turn into PARANOID, xenophobes and closeted BIGOTS,instead of learning to accept peoples different views) . even the angry rights bogeyman of the hour"("Common", has gone on record touting the need to respect LEOS and the military). Calling him a thug???? "why- cuz he's black and raps?" Show me a criminal history on Common-a man whose mom is a teacher and dads a former pro basketball player. a guy who actually went to a major college for business studies,before turning to entertainment, a man whose real name in a "nerdy "lonnie Lynn Jr"- and I'll show you a scrawny, pimple faced blond kid from the suburbs where I'm at, who has asthma, skateboards and can kick "common the anti cop" rapper thugs ***ZZZZ !!!.........( the kid is my neighbors son- he's actually a good kid, LIKES "snoop dog and Pharrell - called ANTI Obama rocker ted Nugents music "senile noise ",and he's going fishing with me and his dad- also a LEO- tomorrow!!!!!)

Oh and just to put you heart at ease- SCREW Jo Anne Chesimard- she can ROT in Cuba for all I care.She's done NOTHING for Blk people in america, let alone anyone else here, 'cept make people LIKE YOU PHOBIC, and have a rant and rally cry against anything urban and minority.........
      Last edited by DOAcop38; 05-27-2011, 11:09 PM.
      "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

• Bearcat357
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Normal babble from DOA.... Good Lord. Learn to spell and learn some grammar......

My God. My 14 year old Nephew can write better than that BS that you just posted......it makes my F'ing head hurt......

Comment

• Magic Matt
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2009

I like DOA, but dude, drunk posting is hard to read…..
          Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

• Georgetime
            Infiltration Unit
            • Dec 2005

[QUOTE=Magic Matt;2769666]I like DOA, but dude, drunk posting is hard to read…..

Yeah I can't count the number of posts I've had to make in this thread (well I could, but I won't) reiterating what the topic was. DOA's answer? Double down on the ranting in barely legible prose about things completely unrelated. I could only get about halfway through the first one. I give up. He just doesn't get it, what else is there to say?
            Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

• nuthead
              LE Cheetah
              • Mar 2008

Been gone forever, come back and it's the same arguments by the same people. Maybe after 2012 and we have a real President, something might change. Nah, I doubt it.
              “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

• pulicords
                "Retired"
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by GotOneRunning
                Bad news guys..... HBO and Showtime are pro cop killers. If you watch those networks, you have something mentally disturbed with you.
                "Pro cop killers"? I don't know. Generally, I'd consider them to be sensationalists, that offer whatever type of broadcasting sells to the most audience. FWIW: The HBO series "The Wire" was probably the most authentic representation of police, crime and the criminal justice system I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. You probably haven't watched it, but you should, because it demonstrates what the medium can do if they really care about quality programing.
                "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

• Bearcat357
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

And the hits keep rolling with Barry. And yes.....this is a real response from Barry. I know the lady that he wrote it to..... She posted it online yesterday....

Dear Sara,

Senator Sherrod Brown transmitted to me your letter of May 19, 2011, regarding the National Police Memorial Service held in our Nation's capital each May 15. I was so sorry to learn of your loss, and it is because of the selfless dedication of officers like Brandy that I was proud to speak at the 29th Annual National Police Officers' Memorial Service last May on the West Lawn of the United States Capitol. I will never forget the emotion of joining Chuck Canterbury, President of the Fraternal Order of Police, and Beverly Crump, President of the Fraternal Order of Police Auxiliary, to insert the first flower in the wreath honoring the service of the 123 officers remembered during the day's service. I also had the honor of welcoming America's Top Cops to the White House on May 12 of this year for a ceremony in the Rose Garden.

At last year's National Police Memorial Service, I closed my remarks as follows:

We honor these Americans, and each of the law enforcement officers who lost their lives in the line of duty last year. Each loved. Each is missed. Each is among America's finest. These men and women join nearly 19,000 Americans who've made such a sacrifice since Deputy Isaac Smith was shot investigating a disturbance at a New York tavern in 1792. Such a sacrifice - such an honor roll - is what makes it possible for us to go on about our lives; to pursue our dreams; to enjoy America's freedoms.

It is an honor roll engraved in stone not far from here, at the National Law Enforcement Officers Guarding over the park - and the memories of the Americans memorialized there - are four bronze lions. Beneath one is a verse from the Book of Proverbs I impart to you as a prayer. "The wicked flee when no man pursueth; but the righteous are as bold as a lion." May God's face shine upon the lions that we have lost. May He watch over the ones that guard us still. And may He bless, now and forever, the United States of America.

As for this year's service, it simply did not get on my schedule, a mistake on my staff's part that we will be sure to correct. (You were there last year but yet forgot to show up....even though you did other stuff related to it.....and then blame it on your staff....Give me a f'ing break) In the meantime, I hope that your and Brandy's children will always know that their father was a lion, and that his community and country owe him a debt of eternal gratitude.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

Comment

• Magic Matt
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2009

He’ll be there next year along with everyone else running, time to campaign! I’m really hoping to make it there next year, but maybe I’ll wait a year until we have a new president.
                    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

• Bearcat357
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

I just can't understand how he can use the BS of my staff forgot when.....

A. It happens the same time every year......

B. He had folks at the WH and was giving them awards the week before. Perhaps that didn't clue him in ...??

Give me a break. And yeah, he will be there next year since its an election year.........

Comment

• Magic Matt
                        Forum Member
                        • Feb 2009

I got to remember that for when I make Chief, “why, well it simply did not get on my schedule, a mistake on my staff's part that we will be sure to correct”.

Got to start practicing BS 101! Learn from the experts I always say….

Comment

• M1garand
                          Forum Member
                          • May 2009

Well, at least this time, he didn't blame GWB for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17117 users online. 21 members and 17096 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...