K9 Case Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K9 Case Law

I have an interview next week for scent K9 and was wondering if anyone had some case law I could study regarding K9 searches. Thanks for the help. I'm in southern California.

What's "scent k9" mean?
    Certified troll.

Comment

My guess would be a drug dog ONLY .

Not a dual purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by northLAdep View Post
        I have an interview next week for scent K9 and was wondering if anyone had some case law I could study regarding K9 searches. Thanks for the help. I'm in southern California.
        hmm... Things are probably different there, but around here (and most of the country) if a K9 can only look for drugs OR explosives and nothing else then it is called a SINGLE PURPOSE K9, if it can smell drugs or explosives AND track, attack and search for suspects then it's called a DUAL purpose K9.

In an interview to be a K9 handler there aren't normally any questions regarding specific case law. It will probably have more to do with your work ethic, demeanor, how your family is going to accept a dog, if you're prepared for the LONG term responsibility of having a work dog, etc, etc.

Your question is kinda too broad to answer. Your best bet is to catch a K9 guy in your area and grill 'em. : )

Good luck!
        Certified troll.

Comment

Did you ask the doggie guys in your dept?
          Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Thanks fellas. The department went to some new ridiculous selection process for coveted jobs. The description for the position is canine scent investigator (insert joke here). Basically they cover bombs, guns, etc. I was looking for case law regarding different searches regarding canine. Found a ton by just using google. Thanks.

Comment

All the case law you would ever care to read is here:

http://www.k9fleck.org/index.html

Comment

Illinois vs Caballes
                Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4872 users online. 170 members and 4702 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                X