300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern States PBA or FOP legal defence fund

I am trying to decide which legal fund would be best to get into, FOP, or SSPBA. I "think" they both offer a "no cap" on legal defence but I am not sure.

Anybody had any experience with either of these that might influence my decision.

Thanks

I'm with SSPBA, never had to use it (thankfully), but am glad it's there just in case.
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

First off, it is spelled "defense".

Second, I have the $52/year FOP legal coverage. There is a more-inclusive option you can pick if you want to be covered for off-duty work and covered against administrative punishments.

Comment

FOP is the only way to go. I had PBA for a number of years and recently switched to FOP, after being extremely unhappy with PBA's service or lack thereof. When I canceled with PBA, I didn't even get a follow-up letter or call to find out why I was leaving or what they could have done better to keep me on board. FOP does seem to offer more coverage.
        "The world is in greater peril from those who tolerate evil than from those who actually commit it."

Comment

Originally posted by vfm208 View Post
          First off, it is spelled "defense".

Second, I have the $52/year FOP legal coverage. There is a more-inclusive option you can pick if you want to be covered for off-duty work and covered against administrative punishments.
          You are correct. It is defense.

Comment

In North Carolina, as an FOP Member, if I'm involved in a critical incident, I call a Local Lodge Board Member who then calls the attorney of my choice. I DON'T call an 800 number and have an attorney assigned. I was PBA many years ago. We had issues with our City Council and called "Raleigh" for advice. Chapter President made 4 phone calls. NEVER received a reply. He came to me asking if I thought FOP would work for us. My 1st question was, "What's the FOP?" Less than a month later we were FOP. I haven't looked back since!

By-the-way.... In NC, most of us do not subscribe to the national Legal Defense Insurance Policy as we are self funded. Our Legal Aid is currently paid out of our dues, which generally are a LOT LESS than $300+ a year. A friend of mine that's PBA told me, "You get what you pay for." I can not agree with him more!!! I WILL STAY FOP!!!
            Last edited by atvcop; 09-07-2012, 02:10 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4818 users online. 227 members and 4591 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X