300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro DV camcorders

I have been thinking about getting something like the Veho Muvi to record stuff like SFST to look at while writing my report. We have in car cameras, but it is a PITA to get the video in time to write a good report.

Is anyone using a camera similiar to this?

Yes. Good cam. Great quality. Very quick to get it on without looking at it.

Only downside is it requires a special kit to use in the rain, etc. Of course I've not see one that doesn't so......

Comment

Yes. I use one of the Veho clones. It works very well
      Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
      Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

I was looking for one because we have no squad cams and most our contacts aren't near the squad. I saw the Scorpion on Galls' site. Anyone know anything about that one or is the Muvi better for the price?
        "The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

We use Scorpions and they are ok. Not very good at night and takes a while to download, but not bad during the day. Haven't had a chance to use it with SFST's though.
          Originally posted by Ceridwen
          Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

You can find them on police supply sites for $100-120, but I got one on e*ay or amaz*n (can't remember which one) for about $55. The one I bought is sold under a few different names, but eactly the same right down to the buttons, clip, etc. I only use mine for false complaint protection, so I can prosecute if needed, so I haven't downloaded it in quite some time, but seems to work ok considering how low they are priced.
            Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

I have a handheld camera that uses a flash memory vs hard disk memory.
              Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

What are the evidentiary rules involved with this? Would it considered "notes" and I could destroy it after each report I write and rely on the in car camera for court. Or would I have to log and place a copy of each video into property for evidence (which would be a HUUUGE hassle since I would have to burn a copy to DVD, then a property report, then file the report, then go to property unit and find where to put the DVD.

Comment

I would keep the video. At least keep it until you get case disposition showing you can get rid of evidence.
                  "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
                  1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6295 users online. 357 members and 5938 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X