Bloopers on the Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloopers on the Radio

Just wondering how many have had that moment on the radio where you totally butcher what you are attempting to say.
    For starters:
    I've had a few traffic stops where I attempt to give the registration number to "County" and have a hard time recalling the phonetic alphabet.
    OR
    Give the location over the radio, while pronouncing it wrong.
    OR
    Spell the location over the radio, while spelling it wrong.

Any type of bloopers, fire away, I need a good laugh.

There are already a couple of threads regarding this topic, but new ones are always good for a laugh.

One of my Sgts told the rookie Saturday night that the "breast way to respond to Main Street was to go around the RR track"
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
      There are already a couple of threads regarding this topic, but new ones are always good for a laugh.

One of my Sgts told the rookie Saturday night that the "breast way to respond to Main Street was to go around the RR track"
      When I was a rookie, I called out a traffic stop at the intersection of FOCH Ave and XYZ St and mispronounced FOCH for another 4 letter word. The Chief heard it over the radio (dayshift) and asked my Sgt. to speak to me. Needless to say, I learned the proper way to pronounce the street, lol.
      " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

We have Shinnecock...pronounced Shin-e-cock. Disptacher called it Shiny-cock.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I messed up the phonetic alphabet during a traffic stop one time. I went blank and couldn't remember a letter/name.. Sure enough a few minutes later my phone started to blow up with everyone making fun of me. : ( Messing up on the radio is a sure way to be the butt of the jokes for the next few days/weeks.
          Certified troll.

Comment

One of mine was when I was going to a disturbance between two guys arguing. I was 5 minutes out exiting the interstate when dispatch asked me for my location and ETA. My answer to them was "I'm at I-40 and ***** getting off". I heard about that one.

A recent one my co-worker did was running a Wyoming license plate on a traffic stop. I didn't hear it because it happened right before I checked on. Anyway the story goes, he was running the plate and says "I'm out with Wyoming 123-little horsey-ABC"

He hasn't heard the last of that.

Comment

One of our new guys completely choked on the phonetic alphabet...next thing we hear are words like applesauce, ballerina, eggplant, money....talk about random...and weird!
              sigpic

Comment

My buddy and I were just making fun of someone for saying "Leonard" instead of "Lincoln" on a stop. The very next car he stops he throws a big fat "Leonard" out there...

We also make fun of the guys with a hispanic accent on the shift. They say certain words funny like William is "Wheelum" and Lincoln is "Leenkin", lol

Comment

When i'm stopping a car and I'm a little amped up, I always mess up the phonetic alphabet. I never stumble, but I'll substitute words without knowing I've done it until the messages start coming in. The other day I said Zelda instead of Zulu. Also, a while back I said Cuba for a "Q".

When the Nextels were the big thing, a lot of officers would wear thier nextel on one shoulder and their radio mic on the other. Inevitably, officers would key up their radio mic when they meant to hit the nextel. One officer who had ben trying to sneak away for lunch for a couple hours was dispatched to a call inolving a nurse parking in a doctors space at the hospital. His friend hit him up on the nextel and asked him waht he was going to do about it. The officer keyed up his radio and said "Well, I can tell you what I'm not going to do...I'm not going to white her a__ a f____ing ticket just because some ***** doctor had to park his precious BMW a few feet further away."
                  Did you ever notice that incorrectly is only spelled correctly when it's spelled incorrectly?

Comment

Dispatcher sent a unit to a stranded motorist call.... the dispatcher stated: "subject is there with the vehicle attempting to jack-it -off".
                    The radio was silent for several second s while everyone tried to comprehend and/or believe that this was just put out over the radio.
                    ///Golden Moments...
                    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2015, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

new dispatcher says on radio to "officer X"
                      1. Go ahead love
                      2. You're not cumming, looooooong silent pause, then she says transmission is breaking up.

Two seperate occassion during same week and only to that officer, and no, there is nothing between that "officer" and dispatcher. I wonder what Freud would say to that?

Officer X still hears it from the other guys.
                      "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Dispatch put out a vehicle roll over where the driver ejaculated

My buddy was in a heck of a shoot out and when it started his voice was jacked up. After a while he got his voice under control and was directing units in and setting his containment. Dispatch asked if all deputies were accounted for and if they needed medical. The radio opens up to the sound of gunshots and "We're still taking rounds biatch".

Countless times "55H 10-33 I got one at "GET YOUR F%^^% HANDS UP" gunpoint at x and b streets"

There is a vehicle registered to a "Biach Ho". I keep that plate number and have been known to run it over the radio when bored or peeved at the radio room.
                        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

A few years ago, I was riding around with a partner and dispatch called me over the radio. I couldn't understand a word they said, so I said "Repeat your last transaction." My partner looked at me and said "What are you buying?"
                          Another time I was riding along with an officer, he stopped a vehicle and gave county the registration "Xray, Xray, Hawaii...." A short time later Chief texted him, "Hawaii??? Really???"

Comment

He had his vacation on his mind
                            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

All time favorite, we had a particularly challenged sheriff a few years back (long since retired). This guy couldn't find his *** with both hands. He gets on the air one day out of the blue and says, "Radio, I've been out of touch for awhile. Is there anything I should know?"

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                              There is a vehicle registered to a "Biach Ho". I keep that plate number and have been known to run it over the radio when bored or peeved at the radio room.
                              I've got one that lists to "Harry Balsczak" and another that lists to "*** Yu Tu." I like to break them out whenever there's a new dispatcher training in.
                              Originally posted by kontemplerande
                              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8237 users online. 253 members and 7984 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X