X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sp23
    replied
    Originally posted by Prov1x View Post
    What made everybody scatter right before the suspect and officer exited the back door?
    I think he sprayed him....once they came out of the driver's side, he was wiping his eyes and I heard him say that he couldn't see.

Leave a comment:

• Maverick1701
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffaloboy View Post
    That video made me cringe...

X2
    at least he didnt get killed.
    That could have gotten A LOT worse...and fast

Leave a comment:

• 02paul09
    replied
    you mean you guys actually have people who come help you when you need it, I want to come there

Leave a comment:

• DeputySC
    replied
    Typical. Middle of the day, no one is at work and none of the kids are in school. We have certain 'nice' neighborhoods with GREAT people similar to that video where we dont enter without back up.
    Last edited by DeputySC; 05-10-2011, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prov1x
    replied
    What made everybody scatter right before the suspect and officer exited the back door?

Leave a comment:

• swat_op506
    replied
    I would never have gotten in the car. Period.
    He had no control over the situation, especially when the crowd came.

Without knowing anything else in this case, I would have covered the vehicle from the outside and waited for back up.

@ about 3:08 I was racking a mental shotgun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 5031OKC
    replied
    It is scary how many times someone could have ambushed him from behind while he was inside the car. Also, at around 4:30 or 4:50 I think (while the officer is wrestling with the suspect at the back of the car) a subject in a white shirt leans into the passenger side of the car and gets something out. Thankfully it wasn't a gun under the passenger seat or something.

Leave a comment:

• mitojo
    replied
    My heart started racing watching this! I wish there was a camera inside the BG car (cash cab style) so we could see, step by step how the officer engages the passenger in the front right, and both end up coming out of the rear left.

Makes me thankful my backup is usually only a minute away...

Leave a comment:

• creolecop
    replied
    Originally posted by se7en View Post
    the only saving grace for that officer was him being black... Can you imagine had it been a white officer?
    lol!!

Leave a comment:

• Se7en
    replied
    YOU IS WRONG!

Bunch of ghetto hood rats. Sorry, but dude is resisting arrest and digging his hands into his pockets, the officer should have put some elbows or fist into his head...

The only saving grace for that officer was him being black... can you imagine had it been a White officer?

Leave a comment:

• Georgetime
    replied
    Had a somewhat similar situation a couple years ago when I came across two guys from another agency in a foot pursuit of a subject they had warrants on. I was in my marked car in uniform and stopped to assist. The bad guy tripped up in some thick brush and surrendered. Only problem was that it was at a family reunion... needless to say things got sideways quick and I got on the air advising we needed immediate assistance. Not fun when an angry crowd starts to gather, not fun at all.

Leave a comment:

• NJLAWMAN214
    replied
    That officer is lucky to be alive and exhibited "tombstone courage". Good video on what NOT TO DO!

Leave a comment:

• herbie1110
    replied
    Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
    After looking at this video and looking at a separate news article on the incident, someone commented about putting two to a Police car. That got me wondering. Where I work now, that would be impractical due to man-power per shift and square footage of patrol. But places like this and other cities/counties, does anyone think that agencies need to go back to the two Officers per car? I know back in the day they did the study in Kansas City I believe where it showed there really was no difference between two to a car and solo patrol, but with the trend of shooting and assaults on Police that are WAYYYYYYY up, does anyone else think they need to get back to the two per car?

Where I work there are way too little of us in the area and population that I patrol. Compared to every other agency of comparable size, we are very understaffed. However, my agency has the county that also patrols through the city, so if the SHTF, I'm confident that it will only be maybe several (long) minutes before I have someone there to help. This is a far cry from when I worked in a major city where it would have only been a minute at the most.

My hats are to some of your rural Officers and State Police Officers that have back-up no where near you. With shootings and assaults on Officers way up, we need every advantage to stay safe and make it home. And was just curious if others feel that we need to go back to the two man patrol car. Be careful out there!

In my precinct, the majority of cars are two officer cars. In my opinion, they all should be. One officer calls are not the norm, so it doesn't save response time anyway. And the report calls that only require one officer are generally completed much quicker with two officers. I really don't see the benefit of solo cars where I work. I also have the fortune that when I call for another car, I know that I will have several within a minute or two. That said, having a partner with me prevents me from having to even call for more calls in most cases. At least I imagine that's the case.
    Last edited by herbie1110; 05-09-2011, 01:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bikecop136
    replied
    Had my hair standing up on back of my neck. Glad this brother made it out ok....

Leave a comment:

• creolecop
    replied
    Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
    Creole,there are some depts that do what they can with what they got. Mine for instance,On my side of the parish there is me and 1 deputy to cover 275 sq. miles. Sometime back up just aint gonna happen.
    Man Mav, you guys be careful out there. Something like that began to happen to me in 07' and I hit my emergency button and had a football team there in no time. They cleared two blocks away from me in all directions and that was at my old dept, my current dept rolls much deeper. You guys are due all the respect for facing a scenario on any given call on any given day. It's one thing to know a key up with no follow up transmission or emergency button push will bring out the cavalry packing storage sheds full of whip ***. I was just amazed that his backup took so long to get there because he was with a PD (I believe) backup there normally isn't that far away as say in a S.O. or troop. Nevertheless, you guys out there under those conditions garner some serious respect for what you face on a daily basis. Be safe brother...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3494 users online. 236 members and 3258 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X