Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officer Safety Nightmare

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Officer Safety Nightmare

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfXGv...eature=related

    A little background:

    Officer stopped vehicle for impeding the flow of traffic. As you see passenger tries to leave the scene before officer can make contact. Passenger looks familiar to the officer who might have warrant(s) for his arrest.

    Notice how early a crowd starts to gather in less than a minute. I nearly crapped my pants at 3:10 into the video.

    At 5:10 if you look and listen carefully you can hear and see glass breaking from the cruiser.


    A news video on youtube of this stop stated that that passenger was later arrested for felony assault on the officer and another was arrested for inciting a riot and doing damage to the police cruiser.

    I don't mean to post this to monday morning QB the officer or the situation....... just a reminder how things can happen and how quickly they can happen. Videos like these are a great reminder of that. Stay safe out there.

  • #2
    Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfXGv...eature=related

    A little background:

    Officer stopped vehicle for impeding the flow of traffic. As you see passenger tries to leave the scene before officer can make contact. Passenger looks familiar to the officer who might have warrant(s) for his arrest.

    Notice how early a crowd starts to gather in less than a minute. I nearly crapped my pants at 3:10 into the video.

    At 5:10 if you look and listen carefully you can hear and see glass breaking from the cruiser.


    A news video on youtube of this stop stated that that passenger was later arrested for felony assault on the officer and another was arrested for inciting a riot and doing damage to the police cruiser.

    I don't mean to post this to monday morning QB the officer or the situation....... just a reminder how things can happen and how quickly they can happen. Videos like these are a great reminder of that. Stay safe out there.
    After looking at this video and looking at a separate news article on the incident, someone commented about putting two to a Police car. That got me wondering. Where I work now, that would be impractical due to man-power per shift and square footage of patrol. But places like this and other cities/counties, does anyone think that agencies need to go back to the two Officers per car? I know back in the day they did the study in Kansas City I believe where it showed there really was no difference between two to a car and solo patrol, but with the trend of shooting and assaults on Police that are WAYYYYYYY up, does anyone else think they need to get back to the two per car?

    Where I work there are way too little of us in the area and population that I patrol. Compared to every other agency of comparable size, we are very understaffed. However, my agency has the county that also patrols through the city, so if the SHTF, I'm confident that it will only be maybe several (long) minutes before I have someone there to help. This is a far cry from when I worked in a major city where it would have only been a minute at the most.

    My hats are to some of your rural Officers and State Police Officers that have back-up no where near you. With shootings and assaults on Officers way up, we need every advantage to stay safe and make it home. And was just curious if others feel that we need to go back to the two man patrol car. Be careful out there!

    Comment


    • #3
      !!!

      I wasn't even there and I was relieved to hear those sirens.

      Not only do we have two man cars, but by the end of the video there would have literally been between 50-75 cops there. If not more.

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow, man where was this guy's back up coming from Kalamazoo somewhere?? Seriously the whole time I was thinking where the hell is this guys back up. I work for a Sheriff's Office and we would have been in there deep in a matter of minutes, and since we work in the cities also, that stop would have been converged on by city and sheriff clearing a 3 block area with the hit of one button. I think he did all he could considering what he was facing.
        Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

        Comment


        • #5
          That video made me cringe...
          Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

          Comment


          • #6
            We had this discussion back when the video first came out about a year or so ago....................scary.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

            Comment


            • #7
              You know, i'm all for arresting the bad guy and making sure those who need to go to jail, do.

              That being said, there's a right time to una** the area, and as soon as that crowd started coming in, that might have been a good time to retreat to the safety of your squad car and wait for backup.

              I'd never seen the video, but I kept waiting for that terrible moment when the cop got beat or worse, killed.
              Originally posted by K40
              To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
              ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by creolecop View Post
                Wow, man where was this guy's back up coming from Kalamazoo somewhere?? Seriously the whole time I was thinking where the hell is this guys back up. I work for a Sheriff's Office and we would have been in there deep in a matter of minutes, and since we work in the cities also, that stop would have been converged on by city and sheriff clearing a 3 block area with the hit of one button. I think he did all he could considering what he was facing.
                Creole,there are some depts that do what they can with what they got. Mine for instance,On my side of the parish there is me and 1 deputy to cover 275 sq. miles. Sometime back up just aint gonna happen.
                Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

                Comment


                • #9
                  I didn't hear the radio traffic, but he waited entirely way too long to call for assistance. As soon as people started to crowd around, disengage, put out officer in trouble call, retreat. Look at 4:21, 4:27, 4:33, and especially 4:54. This guy was fully justified for lethal force.
                  -Stay safe

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
                    Creole,there are some depts that do what they can with what they got. Mine for instance,On my side of the parish there is me and 1 deputy to cover 275 sq. miles. Sometime back up just aint gonna happen.
                    Man Mav, you guys be careful out there. Something like that began to happen to me in 07' and I hit my emergency button and had a football team there in no time. They cleared two blocks away from me in all directions and that was at my old dept, my current dept rolls much deeper. You guys are due all the respect for facing a scenario on any given call on any given day. It's one thing to know a key up with no follow up transmission or emergency button push will bring out the cavalry packing storage sheds full of whip ***. I was just amazed that his backup took so long to get there because he was with a PD (I believe) backup there normally isn't that far away as say in a S.O. or troop. Nevertheless, you guys out there under those conditions garner some serious respect for what you face on a daily basis. Be safe brother...
                    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Had my hair standing up on back of my neck. Glad this brother made it out ok....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
                        After looking at this video and looking at a separate news article on the incident, someone commented about putting two to a Police car. That got me wondering. Where I work now, that would be impractical due to man-power per shift and square footage of patrol. But places like this and other cities/counties, does anyone think that agencies need to go back to the two Officers per car? I know back in the day they did the study in Kansas City I believe where it showed there really was no difference between two to a car and solo patrol, but with the trend of shooting and assaults on Police that are WAYYYYYYY up, does anyone else think they need to get back to the two per car?

                        Where I work there are way too little of us in the area and population that I patrol. Compared to every other agency of comparable size, we are very understaffed. However, my agency has the county that also patrols through the city, so if the SHTF, I'm confident that it will only be maybe several (long) minutes before I have someone there to help. This is a far cry from when I worked in a major city where it would have only been a minute at the most.

                        My hats are to some of your rural Officers and State Police Officers that have back-up no where near you. With shootings and assaults on Officers way up, we need every advantage to stay safe and make it home. And was just curious if others feel that we need to go back to the two man patrol car. Be careful out there!

                        In my precinct, the majority of cars are two officer cars. In my opinion, they all should be. One officer calls are not the norm, so it doesn't save response time anyway. And the report calls that only require one officer are generally completed much quicker with two officers. I really don't see the benefit of solo cars where I work. I also have the fortune that when I call for another car, I know that I will have several within a minute or two. That said, having a partner with me prevents me from having to even call for more calls in most cases. At least I imagine that's the case.
                        Last edited by herbie1110; 05-09-2011, 01:31 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That officer is lucky to be alive and exhibited "tombstone courage". Good video on what NOT TO DO!
                          " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Had a somewhat similar situation a couple years ago when I came across two guys from another agency in a foot pursuit of a subject they had warrants on. I was in my marked car in uniform and stopped to assist. The bad guy tripped up in some thick brush and surrendered. Only problem was that it was at a family reunion... needless to say things got sideways quick and I got on the air advising we needed immediate assistance. Not fun when an angry crowd starts to gather, not fun at all.
                            Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              YOU IS WRONG!

                              Bunch of ghetto hood rats. Sorry, but dude is resisting arrest and digging his hands into his pockets, the officer should have put some elbows or fist into his head...

                              The only saving grace for that officer was him being black... can you imagine had it been a White officer?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3157 users online. 184 members and 2973 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X