300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police cars.

Does anyone have any links to any sites with information about current models of police vehicles?

Something with specs/pictures or comparisons of them?

Crown Vics, Caprices, Chargers or others are all welcome.

Kevin

Go to their websites.
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Crown Vic is dead (RIP). Looking at Ford Police Interceptor (2013), Chevrolet Caprice (phasing out Impala), Dodge Charger Pursuit, and Carbon Motors E7. Each has its own web site to check out.
      If you can't convince them, confuse them
      Harry Truman

For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil, there is one striking at the root

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Does any Dept. even have one of those Carbon Motors vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
          Does any Dept. even have one of those Carbon Motors vehicle?
          i don't think they are released yet.

My chief was briefly interested in them, then he found out how much they will probably cost. No matter how long they last, he probably can't justify spending that much on a car to the council.

Comment

Not only are they not released yet, they haven't even begun putting the plant together that will eventually make them. The Carbon Motors car is a pipe dream that will never, ever happen.
            Originally posted by K40
            To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
            ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Michigan State Police does vehicle testing every year.

Their entire evaluation here:

http://www.justnet.org/Pages/vehicles.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
                Not only are they not released yet, they haven't even begun putting the plant together that will eventually make them. The Carbon Motors car is a pipe dream that will never, ever happen.
                I'm inclined to agree. Ford, Chevy and Dodge tend to sell their police cars at very little profit, if not at or below cost. I don't see how Carbon Motors can be competitive if police departments are their only market.

Comment

Even if they are made, I will never have one at my department. But cant i just dream? I suppose next you guys will tell me I will never figure out how to teleport.
                  If you can't convince them, confuse them
                  Harry Truman

For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil, there is one striking at the root

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

My dept's fleet services Sgt has said that the Caprice PPV will be our next car and we already have several on order. Check each manufacturer's site or the Michigan State Police testing for further details on each car, but from what I have seen so far, the Caprice is the way to go at my agency. Other depts may have other requirements or preferences, but a RWD, 300+ hp car with similar storage/passenger compartment specs at the CVPI is the way to go. Ground clearance will continue to be an issue (unless we're looking at a 4wd pickup) but that's not what a patrol vehicle is utilized for. Just judging off of what I have seen thus far from specs and reviews, I would love to have a 2011 Charger R/T as my POV, but would give it up for the Caprice as my patrol vehicle any day. A Charger, in my mind, is great for someone like me that likes to mash the go fast pedal on the track (apart from its obvious weight issues), but the Caprice was built specifically for cops. Other than the floor-shifter, I don't see any issues that would keep me from buying one as a POV if GM allowed private sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Unit453 View Post
                      Michigan State Police does vehicle testing every year.

Their entire evaluation here:

http://www.justnet.org/Pages/vehicles.aspx
                      Site is usless they tested cars that no longer exist!! Crown vic, Impala, Caprice (older version).

Comment

Our newer Crown Vic's ('08's and '09's) seem way more sluggish than our older backup squads that have twice as many miles on them. Did Ford down-tune the last of the Crown Vic's since they new it was a dying model?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Originally posted by KevinCW View Post
                          Does anyone have any links to any sites with information about current models of police vehicles?

Something with specs/pictures or comparisons of them?

Crown Vics, Caprices, Chargers or others are all welcome.

Kevin
                          Carbon Motors was in Az. recently trying to muster up orders for their car. Don't really see that happening in light of the economy. As for cop car specs, check the manufacturers. IMO, they all suck! No room, lackluster performance, terrible acceleration & braking (given what's availible) and terrible quality control. Gimme a '70 Belvedere 440 equipped car any day over today's cars!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6629 users online. 348 members and 6281 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X