Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model "No-Pursuit" Policy

Hello,

I am looking for a myriad of no-pursuit policies from different jurisdications. I would like to see the thoughts of other PD's and implement or discredit them when writing our new pursuit policy.

Would you be willing to email me a copy of your no pursuit policy?

I've done a search of this on officer.com but could not find actual department policies.

Sorry, we don't have a no pursuit policy.
    It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
    Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

"no pursuit" policies invite crime into your jurisdiction as it screams..."We are a 'liability based policing' model and will not chase you when you commit crime in our jurisdiction"
      dont do it
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by ON-DUTY View Post
        I've done a search of this on officer.com but could not find actual department policies.
        Whodathunkit?

Comment

Originally posted by ON-DUTY View Post
          Would you be willing to email me a copy of your no pursuit policy?
          Get with Omaha, Nebraska PD.... They have a no pursuit policy......

402-444-5867 is the number for Public Affairs......

Comment

Our no pursuit policy requires you turn in your badge and gun. Because when you not a cop there are no pursuits. Until then it's our job to chase bad guys using common sense discretion.

Comment

Saint Joseph, MO PD has a limited pursuit policy..... A SGT will get on the radio and ask what you are pursuing for.....and how fast speeds are.....and will terminate if they feel it's a unsafe chase.....or if they think is a BS pursuit.....

(816) 271-4881 is the Support Services number.......

Comment

We have a county wide no pursuit policy. Its semi-enforced and it all depends on what they are running from. Example: a person running from a traffic stop is not going to get chased very far before we have to shut down, but the guy with the gun who just robbed the corner store can be chased until he runs out of gas.

I hate it and even after I shut down I will follow as long as possible and try to re-engage if I can.

Comment

Edited. Sent in PM

Comment

I could be wrong, but I've never heard of an agency that has a 100% no pursuit policy. I know that most, if not all, restrict pursuits in certain situations. Does anyone know of any agency that won't allow officers to pursue for any reason, even violent felonies?
                    Originally posted by K40
                    To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                    ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
                      I could be wrong, but I've never heard of an agency that has a 100% no pursuit policy. I know that most, if not all, restrict pursuits in certain situations. Does anyone know of any agency that won't allow officers to pursue for any reason, even violent felonies?
                      Omaha PD..... No pursuits at all.

Comment

Policy #1. No pursuits. NONE!

That should do it.
                        Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

"No Pursuit" policies make me sad

Thank god my Chief is old school. I'll pursue at 130mph for a tag light violation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                            Omaha PD..... No pursuits at all.
                            Wow.

All this non-pursuit policies. I imagine at some point a PD is going to get spanked because they terminate a pursuit because of "traffic only" and later find the body in the trunk and Mohammad with the bombs.

Added: My last pursuit for "traffic only" was at 3am and my sergeant had balls and let me continue. He wrecked out. Had felony warrants and we found the loaded shotgun in the trunk that he had used for a previous armed robberies.

No one runs because they don't want a speeding ticket.
                            Last edited by Dingo990; 04-29-2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
                              I know Savannah Metro says they will only chase for forcible felonies, but will try to call off those, even if they are wanted for running over an officer.

The county PD for my town has a very weird policy. One shift will chase for almost anything, based on the conditions, while another has to get permission from the LT to even run code 3.
                              Originally posted by Ceridwen
                              Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4587 users online. 282 members and 4305 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X