Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assisting on duty officers while off duty and not in uniform?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assisting on duty officers while off duty and not in uniform?

If I ever see flashing lights I usually pull over a little bit behind so I am not creeping up on the officer and distracting him(because he won't know who I am) just to make sure **** doesn't hit the fan. Is there any better way to assist? Or do you guys just stay out of the way like I do unless absolutely needed?
    Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
    Or do you guys just stay out of the way like I do unless absolutely needed?
    This. If you're getting your *** handed to you on the side of the road I'll stop. If it looks like things are just about to go south, I'll stop. I'm not stopping just cuz.
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Unless the Officer is getting pummled then keep driving, don't even do a major slow down if everything looks ok, otherwise you are a distraction and will just divert attention from the actual threat.

Comment

Off duty is off duty....unless life or death!

I had some good natured citizens that saw a bunch of people bail out from a car from me....while in foot pursuit, the guy drives his truck down the embankment right towards me....so now I had to stop and worry if it was an ambush, and all it was was them telling me they saw the whole thing....THANKS! meanwhile the bad guy had a huge lead on me by then he was never caught!

Life or death...otherwise I'm gonna keep driving to go get my happy meal!
        "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Originally posted by CAHokie View Post
          Unless the Officer is getting pummled then keep driving, don't even do a major slow down if everything looks ok, otherwise you are a distraction and will just divert attention from the actual threat.
          What he said.....
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

this..

Comment

Agreed with the pummeling. And some car creeping up on me (even at a distance) is just distracting and is dividing my attention.

Comment

I always stop and ask for directions.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Not if they're doing a traffic stop unless I see a problem. Your POV is distracting to them. I have seen a conflict in a shopping center in my own jurisdiction while off duty and stood back to watch. When the suspect resisted, i jumped in because they were MY guys in the fight and they obviously know who I am.
                  sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Assist, hell no, I stop and take charge!!!!!!! I crack some skulls, tell the original officer to type the report, then get back in my Kia and drive off. That is how its done.

Comment

Kia? Really? You could have inserted anything here and you picked Kia?
                      If you can't convince them, confuse them
                      Harry Truman

For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil, there is one striking at the root

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by mitojo View Post
                        Kia? Really? You could have inserted anything here and you picked Kia?
                        It was that or Daewoo.......If I put Ford or Chevy in there, everybody would of known I was telling a lie, as I probably would of been broken down at the scene.

Comment

I'll take a look and make sure the officer isn't getting jumped. Other than that, keep driving. I've pulled over to assist another officer once in 25 years.

Comment

+1,000

Comment

Originally posted by jws8308 View Post
                              Assist, hell no, I stop and take charge!!!!!!! I crack some skulls, tell the original officer to type the report, then get back in my Kia and drive off. That is how its done.
                              lol, funny stuff ^^

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3754 users online. 205 members and 3549 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X