Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maryland Transportation Authority Questions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland Transportation Authority Questions?

I'm currently certified through maryland with Baltimore City and was hoping to get someone to give me their honest opinion on the MTA Police? I have been looking a lot lately to lateral out of Baltimore City but just unsure on what agency to go with. I also live in the Baltimore area so I wasn't looking to add an insane commute either. What are some of the benefits of the agency and I don't mean the ones they put on the flyer? How are the cars, step increases, equipment, retirement, morale, furloughs, etc? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If I were you, I would move this thread over to the MD section so that you will get more results.

From my knowledge and contact with the agency and their officers, it is a good place to work. They have great equipment and good pay being state employees. Certain detachments have their pros/cons. I believe you would be in for a shock to come from BPD to MdTA (Not MTA btw). Calls for service, and the types of calls for that fact, would be your main difference.

+ Excellent cars and equipment, without a doubt.
    + Don't look for any step increases but also don't look for any furloughs (SLEOLA, the state LEO union, has been good w/ no furloughs)
    + LEOPS retirement (25 yrs), standard state LEO retirement, with the exception of MSP.
    + Morale is subjective, but from the guys I know, morale is not a problem.

Good luck to you

Comment

Equpiment isn't as good as you think. Although the cars issued are very nice lookng, the radios are total crap and really a safety issue. Also they aren't furloughed but they were "salary reduced". Meaning they get paid less then a few years ago but don't get an actual day off.

Check out MD section for more.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4341 users online. 275 members and 4066 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X