300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distracted Driving Campaign

For those of you in States where talking on a cell or texting is not specifically illegal, are you willing to share what efforts, programs, etc. you employ to spread the anti-distracted-driving message to your communities?

Please let me know. I'd like to share ideas and network regarding this very topic.

Regards,
    Todd

Please e-mail: tgrossman (at) pbgfl (dot) com

You might want to contact the National Safety Council and ask them about their program "arrive alive by 25" which targets 16 to 25 year olds. They may have a grant or LEO training program (for free) that you can take advantage of. They are trying to push the "distracted driver" issue hard. Good Luck.
    "I do not fear the man who yells, I fear the man who doesn't"

Comment

If your have a generic "Fail to Pay Full Time and Attention" statute, write them under that charge. It works in VA!
      "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Gotcha. I'm looking to instutute a program geared toward parents and young drivers, not just write 'em. We've got Careless Driving, which in some way can be construed to be resultant from testing/talking on the cell phone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4351 users online. 267 members and 4084 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X