Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st, and hopefully last, patrol car wreck...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st, and hopefully last, patrol car wreck...

Ugh, had a nasty wreck tonight and totaled my shop. Spun out on a turn, went over a median, the oncoming traffic lane, spun around, hit a fire hydrant, and came to rest about 100 yards away from the road in a field.

The cars a goner, and I'm shaken up, but ok thank God. Thats the first, and hopefully the last shop wreck I have in my career.

jesus, from the sound of it you were doing what? mach 3?

*edit* - and yes, glad you're ok!
    Last edited by Rblake; 04-13-2011, 07:26 AM. Reason: Well wishings
    LOST:
    Individual Responsibility
    If found, please return to society.

Comment

I'm not real sure. I'm going to be driving like a granny for awhile though...

Comment

Glad you're OK.. at least nobody else was involved.

Comment

Also glad you're okay. I think that just about everyone has a traffic collision sometime in their career.

Comment

Happens to the best of us, I once bent up two patrol cars in the same wreck... You wanna see a really mad chief, try that :P

Comment

I've had 2 in my 17 year career. Both were fortunately clearly not my fault, and no one got hurt (except a deer, RIP). But just lucky I guess. Glad you are okay.

Comment

Most likely it will NOT be your last....................................

Most officers will have 3-4 during a career....................more if they are long distance drivers.

By the way---------Glad your ok
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Glad you are okay-- and the reason grannies drive like that is that they've been around long enough to see/have too many accidents. It does change your perspective to realize how fast it can happen!!
                  We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                  but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

I think once you crash a first time your views change forever. Anyways.. Hopefully whenever it happends to me its nothing bad!!

Glad you are ok, and no one got hurt! A car can be replaced.. Many of them could.. a life of someone never.

Comment

sometimes it's good to get in a wreck .... especially ones that leave you ok.....makes you learn to slow the freak down.

Comment

Glad you're here to post this after that. For most of us, it's a matter of when, not if.
                        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Glad your okay. I got in a nasty wreck, my first, in February that required the roof of the car to be removed...patrol car hit black ice and fish tailed into a big light pole. I wasn't driving like a maniac (gps said 31 mph) I just had some bad luck. I walked away with a concussion only. Needless to say I drive like an asian woman now (although I use my turn signal).

Comment

That sounds nasty, glad you are ok. It will make you a better driver on and off duty! My first wreck I flipped the other persons car on their roof. I learned alot. I never rush to calls, even inprogress calls anymore. Unless an Officer needs help or is on scene alone.

Comment

It will happen again my friend. Glad you are okay.
                              Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4293 users online. 271 members and 4022 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X