Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO & interview/oral board

-

Hey guys, looking for a little help here. I was hired by my current agency via civil service (rather impersonal... no interview or oral board). I've applied for a transfer to another agency and have set up an interview. Interviews/Oral boards aren't that common around here so I never really looked into or prepared for them before, so I was looking for a heads up on what they might ask.

If you don't want to post it in a public forum or if you're not a LEO yet and don't want to post in this section feel free to shoot me a PM. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Stay Safe, and arrive alive.

Take a look at this

http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/...guide_0809.pdf

While this is California's oral panel guide, the principles are fairly universal.

It is rather lengthy, but it will give you a feel as to what oral panels look for an grade on.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

search on oral board or interview in this forum................there are tons of threads
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

check inbox.

Comment

What was your most challenging....what is your strongest trait.......weekest trait........have you ever used excessive force (kinda like asking you if you stopped beating your wife, never a right answer).........what would you do if you saw a partner take something from a crime scene.........offered a service for free (coffee, soda, food) etc. Be honest and remember that the job you hold now is the best job you have ever had in your life and you don't want to leave; but, you are seeking a better opportunity for you and your family's future. Just my thoughts from sitting on a hiring board a few times.

Good luck
          "I do not fear the man who yells, I fear the man who doesn't"

Comment

If it's anything like ours, they will ask you some scenario questions, then try to make you second-guess yourself. They are mainly looking to see if you will make a decision and stick with it. Inability to make a decision=fatal for these types of questions. Having already worked in LE, you should be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5120 users online. 266 members and 4854 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X