Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• District B 13
    replied
    Friend was on PAL for 3.5 years. Had to recert his POST before he went back...they paid.

Leave a comment:

• PtlCop
    replied
    Originally posted by ON-DUTY View Post
    If you know of an officer or even yourself have been on paid administrative pending an IA how long was it? What is the longest time you have heard of? Is it common for it to be months? How did you cope?
    We've had a couple drag on to 30-40 days of paid administrative leave. I believe there's a law in place in my state which requires that discipline like that be handled in a certain time. I believe the time period is greater if the administrative leave is paid, than it is if it's unpaid.

I lost a week, paid, at one point after UOF incident, of which I was ultimately exonerated of any wrong doing.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    In my agency for many years we had to complete any investigations within 14 working days per the union contract.

In the last several years that has been extended to the investigator must "update" the union if our investigations take any longer. The all we really have to do is tell them we are still investigating.
    The change was mostly due to the Iowa Peace Officers Bill of Rights
    http://coolice.legis.state.ia.us/coo...a=83&input=80F

In actuality if we don't have the investigation done in 2 weeks & we have the person on paid leave----------there is something wrong.

In the Bureau of Prisons------I have head of investigations lasting 2 yrs. They rarely put people on admin leave, just give them modified duties.

Leave a comment:

• ON-DUTY
    started a topic Paid Administrative Leave

Paid Administrative Leave

If you know of an officer or even yourself have been on paid administrative pending an IA how long was it? What is the longest time you have heard of? Is it common for it to be months? How did you cope?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4405 users online. 285 members and 4120 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X