300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Administrative Leave

If you know of an officer or even yourself have been on paid administrative pending an IA how long was it? What is the longest time you have heard of? Is it common for it to be months? How did you cope?

In my agency for many years we had to complete any investigations within 14 working days per the union contract.

In the last several years that has been extended to the investigator must "update" the union if our investigations take any longer. The all we really have to do is tell them we are still investigating.
    The change was mostly due to the Iowa Peace Officers Bill of Rights
    http://coolice.legis.state.ia.us/coo...a=83&input=80F

In actuality if we don't have the investigation done in 2 weeks & we have the person on paid leave----------there is something wrong.

In the Bureau of Prisons------I have head of investigations lasting 2 yrs. They rarely put people on admin leave, just give them modified duties.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by ON-DUTY View Post
      If you know of an officer or even yourself have been on paid administrative pending an IA how long was it? What is the longest time you have heard of? Is it common for it to be months? How did you cope?
      We've had a couple drag on to 30-40 days of paid administrative leave. I believe there's a law in place in my state which requires that discipline like that be handled in a certain time. I believe the time period is greater if the administrative leave is paid, than it is if it's unpaid.

I lost a week, paid, at one point after UOF incident, of which I was ultimately exonerated of any wrong doing.
      Originally posted by K40
      To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
      ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Friend was on PAL for 3.5 years. Had to recert his POST before he went back...they paid.
        Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2956 users online. 178 members and 2778 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X