Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Check Business Cards

Hi,

I am getting ready to order some business cards for myself and I was playing with the idea of having something printed on the back of my cards to use when we shake doors at night. Something that explains that we are around and watching over our small community. I like to check the local businesses late at night where there is nothing to do and I figured that leaving a note would be great PR; plus the owners would have my information and know that they could call/email me if they ever had a concern about the community or a crime tip.

Does anyone on here use "Door Check Cards" and, if so, could you possibly give me an example of the wording you use? I want to draft something up and forward it to my Chief; I am wondering what other departments across the country do.

Thank you,
    Stephen

We have a form that lists a bunch of things that could be noticed...open doors, burned out lights etc. Just warning about crime prevention.

Personally, I hand out very few business cards because too many people hold on to them and then try to play it off like we are friends when they get stopped.
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

PM me with your email address and I will send you what we used at a Dept back in MO.....

Comment

The man that gives you this card is a police officer.
        Lie quietly on the ground and do everything
        the nice policeman tells yo to do.

Those were to exclusive clientele.

Business cards were just that, We had special cards for the door checks.

We found ______________________
        at your ___________________
        located at _____________________.
        An incident log has ____ had not ____ been made.
        If you have any questions please call 555 1234

We also asked each business owner if we as the police department could use 1" square red 3M reflective tape on the alley windows to let the police see at a glance when there is a window broken.
        It works great with a spotlight.
        Last edited by OneAdam12; 03-30-2011, 12:58 AM.
        Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

We drop cards, and it's obnoxious.

Your business was found to be
          Secure ( )
          Other ( )

Comments:

Officer:
          Department:
          Time:
          Date:

Filling that out 5 times a night, every night, gets annoying not only for the Officers, but for the business owners. Most of the time the owners, just scoop them up, and throw them away without ever looking whats on the card.

Comment

pm me as well and I will email mail you what we are using.
            "I do not fear the man who yells, I fear the man who doesn't"

Comment

We used a card that said 'This business was check and found secure by (supposed to be name, I just put badge number) at (time)' and had our badge logo, etc on it. Didn't last long since, once we ran out and were waiting on the re-order, people thought we had stopped checking doors and the chief was embarrassed to say the city had paid for the reorder yet. I think he told them we were trying to 'be green' and not waste the paper...
              Originally posted by Ceridwen
              Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
                We used a card that said 'This business was check and found secure by (supposed to be name, I just put badge number) at (time)' and had our badge logo, etc on it. Didn't last long since, once we ran out and were waiting on the re-order, people thought we had stopped checking doors and the chief was embarrassed to say the city had paid for the reorder yet. I think he told them we were trying to 'be green' and not waste the paper...

It sounds to me like the business owners appreciated the service & were wondering why it stopped.

GOOD PR tool
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

They will know if the door isn't secure because the alarm will go off! I think that is business card enough when you wake them up at 3am to have the keyholder show.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhelrey View Post
                    They will know if the door isn't secure because the alarm will go off! I think that is business card enough when you wake them up at 3am to have the keyholder show.
                    But there are thousands of business out there without alarms................
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I always wonder about putting a notice on a door that it has been checked by the Cops and will not be checked again for the night. To me it seems an open invitation to a savvy burglar. However, we have the cards, never use them though.

Comment

We've got doorknob hangers. I seldom use them for routine checks, but have used them to put up info in areas where burglars were working. Good way to put out descriptions and have more eyes watching for you. If you want, PM me and I'll scan one and send it to you.
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCop View Post
                          I always wonder about putting a notice on a door that it has been checked by the Cops and will not be checked again for the night. To me it seems an open invitation to a savvy burglar. However, we have the cards, never use them though.
                          Agreed. Instead, I'd slide them under, or push them between the door and frame so they drop to the ground when opened.
                          All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Originally posted by Jhelrey View Post
                            That, or when they get to the business in the morning and find a busted window ect.

We dont do door checks here
                            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCop View Post
                              If you use them properly instead of slapping them on the door for the world to see, they work great......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4202 users online. 261 members and 3941 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X