300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTV Cuffed"

There are presently at our department filming in two of our cars for the MTV Cuffed? Anyone heard of the show or had them at your department? Pro us?
    "I do not fear the man who yells, I fear the man who doesn't"

Originally posted by jswwjw View Post
    There are presently at our department filming in two of our cars for the MTV Cuffed? Anyone heard of the show or had them at your department? Pro us?
    I saw it once. They interview some kid that got hooked for something stupid and then they interview the cops involved. They cut the clips together. The one episode I saw showed the kid as being an idiot but its still MTV. I wouldn't trust them further then I could throw them.
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

remember when Music Television showed................music???
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I blocked MTV from my DirecTV guide about 6 yrs ago (when I started having kids). One of the best decisions I ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by BigW View Post
          I blocked MTV from my DirecTV guide about 6 yrs ago (when I started having kids). One of the best decisions I ever made.
          +1

Kids today don't even know what MTV stands for....why would they, when was the last music video played on MTV??????

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
            ...but its still MTV. I wouldn't trust them further then I could throw them.
            Bingo! Don't think for a sec that MTV would take a pro-LE stance or be above out-of-context editing if it came to showing something they thought would bring high ratings, they are the network for "Jersey Shore" after all.
            sigpic

Comment

No doubt. Perhaps that is why I was chosen to ride with them. Should be interesting though. Back in the 80's I was on cops (cameo role and yes I am that old).

Comment

They were supposed to ride out with us about a month ago, however, they sent over a 1 page contract to city legal. City legal sent back a 17 page contract and we didn't hear from them again.

Comment

I don't think MTV is ever pro-law enforcement.

Comment

I agree and believe me I will be careful. I'll let you all know. Supposedly they are going to New Orleans next.

Comment

Just a follow up. They rode 12 hours with me on Saturday night with 6, count them 6 camera's in the squad, a hand held unit and a follow-up van in the back with an additional camera-man. They were very nice and wanted to shoot "criminals" in the back of the unit. Took them to all of our frequent-flyer areas and ended up with a total of 3 in custody for the shift; each of them will make the show in May/June. It was very taxing and with all the camera's and lights I tried to bestow the best, honest image i could given the examples and "coaching" they gave. At one point they wanted me to ask a question of a suspect I felt was not appropriate and I refused. I also refused to allow them to film certain tactics that I felt would put us in jeopardy. They agreed to all of it and were happy to oblige. (as an example I did not want them to film me storing my weapons in the trunk at the jail). It seemed to go well but I trust know one as we all do. I was able to get a substantial message out there (if they allow it) about drinking and crime (3rd arrest) so lets see what happens. So much for 12 hours of fame. Be safe.

Comment

Why in the world would your chief give an MTV crew access to your department?

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                          Why in the world would your chief give an MTV crew access to your department?
                          good question....

Comment

Because the Chief sees the big picture thats why. I would love for my agency to allow something like this.
                            " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

Well; we have a Sheriff, not a Chief (and of course he does what he thinks is prudent) and the proof will be in the footage and what they do with it. It could turn out to be a total cluster *** or be a positive light for our department and youth......ya cluster probably. I did talk to the producer (like that would help) and literally said "don't make us look like sh*t". We will see. I know when they rode with me I tried to focus and the reason the perp was in the back seat; drugs, alcohol, stupidity so if they show that part it should be pretty good. They rode with us for 5 nights so I have no idea what happened the rest of the nights. End of May, early June. We will see..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2654 users online. 145 members and 2509 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X