300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tlo

Anyone here using TLO as a research tool? My agency got on board with this a few months ago and I've found it to be beyond helpful, particularly with my fraud investigations, cell phone searches, address searches, etc.

For those not familiar, you can type in a name and DOB. Limit it to you state or conduct the search nationwide. Once you've located your person, you can click on comprehensive report and hold on to your *** because the information is over-whelming. It's extremely user friendly. You receive social security number responses and if they are linked to multiple numbers, all address history and the month/year they were being used (neighbors at those addresses which are also hyperlinked to their own responses), criminal histories, associates (both family, friends and criminal), cell phones connected to that person and landlines AND the services that carry them, email address, IP numbers, bankruptcy, businesses ever owned, property (to include purchase date, location, worth, taxes, who it was purchased from, loan amount, etc) and the lists go on and on and on.

My Chief appointed one person to be our admin and it took him less than three minutes to start my account. It has a double security system using your work email and password, then it sends you a secondary password everytime you log in via either your cell phone or your work email address.

I LOVE the fact I can print out the comprehensive reports because several of my other databases (two from DOD) won't allow me to print...only view. Granted, this is a public records search, but it has kept me from having to use multiple search engines. The information I've received has been very useful.

If your agency is not using this, I strongly suggest you give it a spin. Our road officers have been given access and use it for warrant services when the person is (of course) not at the address listed on the face of the warrant.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Oh, and btw, it's free to LEO.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

In 6 years of law enforcement, I've found it to be easily the best tool for finding people. Highly highly recommended.

It does have some messed up data at times, but if you are willing to call a few phone numbers and look at a few addresses, you will get your person.

Comment

I agree, Dingo. I don't know how long the database has been out, but since the first time I used it, I shoved that right up to the second in line for databases I use. The only one that beats it (only because it gives me all narratives/supplements from area agencies as well as mug shots) is LiNX, put out by NCIS. TLO and Linx don't duplicate each other, so when I start digging on someone, I've got both open and going.
        sigpic

Comment

I use LEXIS/NEXIS, for which I have an account.

How does the info compare to LEXIS, and how do you get a subscription?
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

TLO.com is the site, DAL, and they explain that part to you. My Chief assigned one person to the admin role. I simply sent him a copy of my creds for him to pass on (I assume) to TLO and I was on. My agency required us to use our PD email, that may or may not be one of TLO's requirements. I don't know. I use lexis for updates on legal cases/matter/opinions, etc. and for cites reference college papers.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Smurfette. I though it might have something to do with being a TLO, but apparently not.

It seems that the founder of this company was behind some of the databases that LEXIS/NEXIS acquired.

LEXIS/NEXIS has databases for researching people and their assets. It generates very extensive reports that include neighbors, relatives current and past addresses, some court records, vehicle registrations, business licenses, driver's license, etc. Info available depends on the state. If you have an LEO account and are on a verified LEO network, you can get info by social security number.
              Last edited by DAL; 03-26-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Great tool, I actually found out about it from this forum a while back: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...urint-for-FREE

Amazing amount of data available on it, and if you research TLO the organization that created/runs it has John Walsh ("America's Most Wanted") as one of its founders.
                sigpic

Comment

Yep, TLO is awesome. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not using it for something.
                  Originally posted by kontemplerande
                  Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

I tried enrolling into TLO a while back after reading the thread that Kimble referenced. I started filling out the application process and then realized that they wanted information for my command staff. I then went through the chain to request my agency get on board with this website.......what do you know, almost 5 months later, they didn't get back with me. Do you guys know how far they go to verify your information? I figure I might as well just request to join using my information and put my Colonel's information in there, hoping that they wouldn't contact him directly and me get my *** chewed out.

Comment

I then went through the chain to request my agency get on board with this website.......what do you know, almost 5 months later, they didn't get back with me. Do you guys know how far they go to verify your information? I figure I might as well just request to join using my information and put my Colonel's information in there, hoping that they wouldn't contact him directly and me get my *** chewed out.
                      I just signed up for it and put their information in. Somebody was on the phone to me less than 15 minutes later. As far as I know they never called the Chief. If they did he never mentioned it, but then again my Chief is pretty laid back and lets us do what we need to do to get the job done.
                      I remember when I put up the first thread about TLO people were suspicious of it because the site design was rather bare bones. They have tightened up the front page and added graphics to it, it doesn't look so "iffy" anymore. I've been using it for several months and I love it. I have noticed that sometimes Accurint will have a bit more data than TLO, and sometimes TLO has more than Accurint. It is a blessing to have both. What I like a lot about TLO is the "Social Network search" and email address results. You definitely can not beat the price!
                      Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

I LOVE the fact I can print out the comprehensive reports because several of my other databases (two from DOD) won't allow me to print...only view.
                        Try hitting Ctrl+PrtScrn to capture the screen that you're looking at, then open up Paint and paste the screen from the clipboard into paint, then print to your heart's delight. That's the trick I use, anyway.
                        Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                          ... several of my other databases (two from DOD) won't allow me to print...only view. ...
                          Anything on your screen can be printed.
                          Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 03-28-2011, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                            Anything on your screen can be printed.
                            Not legal on this particular database made available by NCIS. You don't break the rules and ruin it for everyone else.
                            Last edited by Smurfette_76; 03-28-2011, 02:50 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

By using Print Screen you can save an image on your computer. Would that be OK?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6327 users online. 345 members and 5982 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X