Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most dumb reason

your report has ever been denied?

I stopped a 1993 Nissan passenger car bearing TX LP 123XYZ. That wasn't good enough. I forgot to include that it was a Maxima.

Dotted your "I" but forgot to cross your "T". Tiz frustrating.

Comment

Never had one denied after FTO, but that's because my FTO became my SGT. He would actually forward his to me when he did them and, when on leave, the cpl would run the shift but all reports were sent to me before he approved them.

I once had to kick one back the CPL because he forgot to put the vic in...
      Originally posted by Ceridwen
      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

lame........
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I get a LOT that should have been. B&Es without the point of entry listed. B&Es of vehicles w/o the registered owner listed. Reports with no serial numbers of stolen items. I could go on for days. And none of it that I can't find myself but it's not my job and it's frustrating to constantly go behind the original officer and put what should have been listed. Regardless, this is what I tell my two teams of Officers....It's just as important to tell me what you don't know as what you do. Example: B&E of a business...if you don't know the number of suspects, point of entry/exit, serial numbers on stuff stolen, direction of travel, method of travel, tool used to enter, security system, etc...then write that information that you DON'T know otherwise I think you just didn't ask and didn't do a initial investigation.
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

didn't include a VIN # on a report on a DAS tow...lame
            Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Nope, cause I am the jerkoff that kicks them back. In the above case, it would depend weather the model of the vehicle was relevant. Even if I don't agree on how it is written, as long as it hits who,what,where, why and when and is grammatically correct, I sing off and forward it up.
              Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
                grammatically correct, I sing off and forward it up.
                I'm kicking this one back for the troops . Are you an alto or soprano???
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Back in the days before computers and reports were hand written, and I admit my handwriting SUCKS, I had a Lt. who sent one back because I did not use a "#2 pen" to write the report. I asked him if he meant a medium ball point, and he yelled at me, "No, a #2!!!!"

Jim has long since retired, I wonder if he ever found a #2 pen. I know I haven't.
                  Ut humiliter opinor

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                    I'm kicking this one back for the troops . Are you an alto or soprano???
                    bahahaha beat me to it!
                    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

I messed up the date on a report I wrote on my b-day. Listed my year of birth instead of the correct year it happened. I've since made it a point to take the day off on my birthday whenever possible.
                      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I got one kicked back cause the Sgt was dislexic.
                        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                          I get a LOT that should have been. B&Es without the point of entry listed. B&Es of vehicles w/o the registered owner listed. Reports with no serial numbers of stolen items. I could go on for days. And none of it that I can't find myself but it's not my job and it's frustrating to constantly go behind the original officer and put what should have been listed. Regardless, this is what I tell my two teams of Officers....It's just as important to tell me what you don't know as what you do. Example: B&E of a business...if you don't know the number of suspects, point of entry/exit, serial numbers on stuff stolen, direction of travel, method of travel, tool used to enter, security system, etc...then write that information that you DON'T know otherwise I think you just didn't ask and didn't do a initial investigation.
                          +1. My favorite is the B&E report that doesn't have a non-consent statement in it. We've finally been given the authority to kick reports back to the shift sergeant when they're not complete (used to have go through the detective sergeant who would just let the report fester on his desk for a few months).
                          Originally posted by kontemplerande
                          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

SRT,

I used to send emails to the Officers stating what needed to be there as a reminder for next time (and would CC the Sarge). That got old quick, so if the report was complete crap, I'd send an email to the Officer and CC the Sarge with the corrections that needed to be made. Never rude, just matter of fact. A Sarge from the other side (the side I never work with) fired back at my Det. Sgt. asking where I got the authority to do that. My Sarge opens up the case, adds MORE stuff to the email that I hadn't put there and returned it to the Sarge of the Officer with a terse note about how bad the report sucked.

I still send them to "my" side, but anything going to the other side goes via my Sarge first. I don't get it. Well. Actually, I do since the road Sgt shouldn't be approving them to begin with.
                            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                              I messed up the date on a report I wrote on my b-day. Listed my year of birth instead of the correct year it happened. I've since made it a point to take the day off on my birthday whenever possible.
                              I just wanted to let you know you are not the only person to do that.

It is embarrassing, however, to be 50 yrs off in a report.

And a supervisor entrusted with proofreading other staff member's reports.

AND have it caught by a subordinate who you frequently return reports to for correction.
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3379 users online. 205 members and 3174 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X