300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Boots

I'm turning to you guys for good advice. I'm in the market for some new summer boots. By summer, I mean they have to BREATHE!! I have the 5.11 ATAC Shields now, and they are great in the winter, but they don't breathe very well. I'm looking for a boot that is an 8", comfortable, and breathes. I don't need water proof. Anyone?

Thanks!

FYI, just a side not, my PD store carries Bates, 5.11, Danner, Rocky....but recommend whatever you see fit.

I've liked my Cons in cold and warm weather. As long as they keep making em I'll keep buyin em.

Comment

Just get the regular ATACs. I wear them year round.

The 5.11 Tac Lites look interesting... I might try those out.
      All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

OTB 8 inch Bushmasters here. Very light and comfy. Very breathable. Actually kind of cold when the temp dips.

Comment

Bates C3. They allow air to circulate so your feet don't roast.
          Originally posted by Ceridwen
          Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

I have a pair of Bates C3 I wore last summer. Great boot for moving air and keeping your feet cool. Only complaint is if you are going to be on your feet alot you can begin to feel the channels under your feet making them a bit uncomfortable. I just plan accordingly and if I know ahead of time I wear different boots.

Comment

Danner Pursuit. I wore them all last summer and they were great. And I am the kind of guy who sleeps with his feet out from under the covers because my feet get to hot. They also worked good in the winter too, just put on thicker socks. I believe they have a pair that are designed even more for summer temps too.

Comment

Bates Ultra Light, I have the low quarters and the 8". Light and no toe funk after a summer day in Mississippi
                "I do not fear the man who yells, I fear the man who doesn't"

Comment

i have the bates ultra lights and love them......for my day job (active army instructor) i use the blackhawk warrior wear desert boots, and won't wear anyting else. if i could find the same deal on them in black i'd wear them while on patrol...

Comment

Thank you for the replies. Lots of Bates fans, very nice. I'll have to look into the Bates line and the Danners that were mentioned. I tried on the regular ATACs, but didn't really like 'em.

Comment

I've tried lots of different brands, but Danner tops my list. They have a VentX (?) quarter boot thats awesome. You can find them at Botachtactical dot com for $109 and they are worth it. That company can be rather slow, so you might want to do a search.
                      Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

http://www.wellco.com/p-W-B130.html
                        Best boot ever. The spike protection served me well in many a search warrant service. Once you wear them in, there is nothing more comfortable. I've worn them for well over 30 years, summer and winter. They are not waterproof, but dry quickly if you get them wet.They come in black too. GROG
                        As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Don't buy the Bates C3. I have them and they are not as great as advertised. My feet get extremely hot during the summertime and have I been going through the same problem for years trying to find summer boots. I bought the Bates C3 and was disappointed. I had a pair of Original Swat boots that surprisingly kept my feet much cooler, but they hurt my knee so I returned them.

Comment

Bates makes a model that's a modern version of vietnam stlye jungle boot. All canvas top with the leather lower. It's all I wore when the Marines wore black boots.
                            Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Another vote for Bates Ultra Lites. They have been the most confortable boot I've worn on this job. I've been wearing 5.11 ATACs for the past year, and I'm not impressed. Theyre falling apart with just regular wear (laces broke, zipper guard ripped off, sole coming unattached). I'm about to buy new boots, and I'm pretty sure I'll be returning to the Bates.
                              "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3514 users online. 197 members and 3317 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X