300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funniest Operation Names?

You've been there, right? You're working for months on what becomes an inter-agency task force dedicated toward a particular goal. You get project funding from one fancy quasi-secret acronym or another. Finally, the big day comes for the operational briefing. That's when you find out they're calling it "Operation Justice" or "Operation Lockup". Wow, that's original!

Nothing makes a plan more memorable than a hilarious name. While I'd like to hear about names that were actually used, feel free to post the ones you've been dying to try out.

Sheriff's
    Heroin
    Impact
    Team
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

In 1994, an Operations name that was proposed by a local emergency services chief in our county was for "Forestry/Utility 2", a new vehicle that would do both jobs but supplement the current Forestry 1 & Utility 1 response vehicles.

The county quashed that moniker; they didn't want "F.U. 2" on the radio.
      The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

We had a string of armed robberies that happened over a two weeks period; the majority at convenience stores late in the evening. In a city of 40K, this was tearing us up one side and down the other. The people involved were doing drivebys in the projects, everything was gang related, B&Es and robberies. Just running CID ragged. We got a bead on the suspects and hit four houses with SWs at one time....this was known as operation in-convenience. And boy was it EVER. Still is.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Several years ago, I was involved in a fledgling task force consisting of deputies, local police, DOC, and Probation and Parole dedicated to catching known fugitives. A certain administrator who decided that he was going to be in charge of the group, told us in the first meeting that we were going to be called: (wait for it):
          the Fugitive Apprehension Response Team. He was dead serious. After the room calmed down enough to explain to him what he just pitched (FART for the slow readers), he suddenly decided to say that he was just kidding but it was clear that he wasn't. It eventually became known as the Fugitive Apprehension Strike Team.
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

During the holiday season we had operation gift box lol

Comment

Worked one year on a fugitive round-up operation with a local PD and since it was in October it was called Operation Locktoberfest. Thought that was pretty clever!
              sigpic

Comment

fatal accident response team

Comment

Operation "Cheap Trick"

Street Level Prostitution Detail.

Comment

A large city sitting a mile from our county line has a multi agency task force. They had a problem with a city park and gang related activity in it. The parks name? Pier. Operation.......... Pier.......... Pressure..........
                    Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                    I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                    Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                    as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Our traffic unit tries to focus enforcement and presence in high crash areas to deter crashes. We called it:

Crash Reduction Accident Prevention

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6383 users online. 340 members and 6043 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X