300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my cherry popped last night...

been reserving for a few months, and have put in well over 100 hours since being sworn in in January. well last night was my first solo night in a car and wouldn't you know it about 0330 i get my first OWI stop. not only was it an OWI, but the driver had a prior as well......can we say D Fellony....i knew you could. Had to call for back up since i'm not yet certified on the PBT of SFST......that will come in due time......needless to say it feels good today...

Well, congrats on surviving your first solo work! Be safe and be well.

Comment

Originally posted by Squish View Post
      been reserving for a few months, and have put in well over 100 hours since being sworn in in January. well last night was my first solo night in a car and wouldn't you know it about 0330 i get my first OWI stop. not only was it an OWI, but the driver had a prior as well......can we say D Fellony....i knew you could. Had to call for back up since i'm not yet certified on the PBT of SFST......that will come in due time......needless to say it feels good today...
      How big was he?

Oh wait, not that kind of cherry.

Good work.
      Originally posted by K40
      To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
      ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by Squish View Post
        Wait, what?! They make you certify on the PBT?
        Originally posted by K40
        To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
        ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post

I had to watch a 30 minute video for the PBT at my department...then print and file.

Comment

We get certified for SFST in the academy. Congrats and welcome
            "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
            I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

In Maryland you do. They gave me a card saying I'm certified for it and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by mp1161 View Post

In Maryland you do. They gave me a card saying I'm certified for it and everything.
                Hmmm, I got a 1 minute long training lesson from the quartermaster.
                Originally posted by K40

Comment

2nd offense drunk driving is a felony in your state? Besides a few exceptions, it's not a felony until 5th offense here.

As far as the PBT goes, Wisconsin also requires certification, although many officers use it without the cert.
                  "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
                    Hmmm, I got a 1 minute long training lesson from the quartermaster.
                    First night I was thrown the keys, I called a freind and told him to start drinking.. I swung by a few hours later and proceeded to school myself on it's proper use!! I don't think I have ever been formally trained on the PBT, It's the last thing I use anyways as I am an SFST guru lol....
                    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

How big was he?

Oh wait, not that kind of cherry.
                      Oh man ROFL... wiping tears away....
                      Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

How did you like all that fun paper/computer work? They fail to show that part of the job on COPS.
                        Congrats and be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy_do_right View Post
                          How did you like all that fun paper/computer work? They fail to show that part of the job on COPS.
                          Congrats and be careful.
                          it actually wasn't all that bad.....first report ever, and i was done in about 2 hours. i've seen some of our other reserves sit and struggle with it for far longer, and not have quite the report that i turned in. we use expiditer so fo the most part it's all drop down windows until you get to your narritave. now the charge sheets and the PC affidavit were another story.....those have to be filled out by hand...

Comment

I recall one DWI I got in Harris County at 2315 Hrs. Our shift started at 2300 Hrs and a major was dropped while we were having our briefing. Lady had crossed into the other lane and struck a guy exiting a plant. Anyway, she was still sitting in her car smoking a cigarette upon our arrival. When I asked her to exit the vehicle she told me to procreate myself. She was arrested quickly, while another Deputy worked the accident. While transporting her back to booking she proclaimed loudly "YELLING" and often that I was the Devil incarnate. While doing some paperwork in booking my arrested lady claims she must relieve herself "NOW". I call down to dispatch and ask if they can spare a female to take my pleasant lady friend to the urinal. Apparently, this was not fast enough for my beyond middle aged lady friend. My trance in paperwork was disturbed by the sound of water dripping onto the floor. I was dismayed to see my prisoner squatting on the bench relieving herself "I told you so" with a smirk, was her only verbal message to me. I apologized to the Jailer for my prisoners lack of lady like behavior. A few minutes later the Sgt. arrives and it's time to video tape my prisoner doing the S.F.S.T.'s, mind you this is before the introduction of video/audio in units, so we had to do this back at the station, not on the side of the road. My prisoner decides right then and there that she's had enough of DA MAN. She refuses to step into the video room and goes so far as to start throwing punches our way. We end up taking her to the ground, ground that's moist with her warm urine. So after splashing and crawling through her urine we finally get her to comply.
                            I get through with the paperwork, but Harris County's computer system goes down, so basically Harris County has procreated with me now, because Harris County S.O. won't take my prisoner unless they can verify the D.A. has accepted the charges and my prisoner's been A.F.I.S.ed.
                            To make a long story short; I end up finally booking this lady at 0830 Hrs the next morning. She was stone cold sober and suffering from a hangover by the time I was done.
                            And I was wondering why I had chosen Law Enforcement as a career.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgerland View Post
                              2nd offense drunk driving is a felony in your state? Besides a few exceptions, it's not a felony until 5th offense here.

As far as the PBT goes, Wisconsin also requires certification, although many officers use it without the cert.
                              Good Lord, damn liberal states!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6361 users online. 364 members and 5997 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X