• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    I saw that---------------------
    And I thought I had issues at times.....something is always going on with that girl...... At least they didn't get hurt in the accident....

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    [QUOTE=Bearcat357;2690151]

Hmmm.... We shall see what happens on that front.....Will let you know.

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    How far is blonde from there...? She was having a string of bad luck (dead fish and totaled vehicle) yesterday and I opted not to bug her too much.... You might want to check FB.....
    I saw that---------------------she is another 60 miles west...............right at 130 or so from RI----------------

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Yep OLD-------------

60 miles
    Hmmm.... We shall see what happens on that front.....Will let you know. How far is blonde from there...? She was having a string of bad luck (dead fish and totaled vehicle) yesterday and I opted not to bug her too much.... You might want to check FB.....

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Hmmm....starting to forget things..... sure sign of being old and crusty....

How far are you from RI...?
    Yep OLD-------------

60 miles

It has the 2nd oldest US Army museum (second to USMA West Point)

and absolutely the BEST FINEST FANTASTIC collection of small arms-----------including 5 Native American owned/used rifles use at the Little Bighorn And several Serial Number 1's of modern US military issued weapons

http://riamwr.com/museum.htm
    http://riamwr.com/MuseumHist.htm

http://visitquadcities.com/page.php?page_id=144
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 03-20-2011, 09:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    I can't remember
    Hmmm....starting to forget things..... sure sign of being old and crusty....

How far are you from RI...?

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Go over there and see how active that place is..... It's not...at all.... They ran a ton of folks off over the years due to their clickishness...and it shows when you go over and the "New Posts" button and only 5 pages come up over a week or so period..... You hit new post page here.....and 5-10 pages will come up over a 1-2 day period......
    I know-----------I log in there once or twice a month just so I remember my password........................

I actually verified there when they were under a different name-------------------I can't remember who they were before P1---but I forgot about the site until it was mentioned on here a yr or so ago. Then I had to remember enough of my log in so i could have them re activate my account

They might have bought the site I was registered on and merged-----------I can't remember

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    That site wouldn't accept my DOC creds either-------------P1 did.
    Go over there and see how active that place is..... It's not...at all.... They ran a ton of folks off over the years due to their clickishness...and it shows when you go over and the "New Posts" button and only 5 pages come up over a week or so period..... You hit new post page here.....and 5-10 pages will come up over a 1-2 day period......

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by I0347 View Post
    The P1 website doesn't accept us "DOD" type LEOs for verification, so how would we favor here? A copy of our SF50, or a closed door? Not too terribly worried about who's watching anymore.

Edit: I was wrong about P1, I meant R*e*a*l*P*o*l*i*c*e*.net. My apologies.
    That site wouldn't accept my DOC creds either-------------P1 did.

Leave a comment:

• elusive
    replied
    Maybe creating your own leo verified only forum is a possibility. Invision boards are pretty easy to set up and run.

Leave a comment:

• retired
    replied
    Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
    I know with my dept. I'm retired from we have a retired Deps. website with well over a thousand members.. One person runs the site and when you sign up they call the LASD headquarters and verify that you are in fact retired and in good standing... Its a lot of work and time spent on the phone...

A site as this with as many members we have would be alot of work to verify someones status...
    You and I retired about the same time from the same agency, so what difference does it make on this forum if we are verified?

Leave a comment:

• LINY
    replied
    Probably **********.

EDIT: Yep, knew it. That website isn't even worth the verification from what I've seen, nobody goes there. It's more clickish than a High-School lunchroom.
    Last edited by LINY; 03-19-2011, 05:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    it is ********** that doesn't accept us.
    Edit and put spaces.....I am sure it's a site that this place doesn't like so they banned the URL...... I am curious to know who it is...

Police One still blows....

Leave a comment:

• I0347
    replied
    That place blows. I had to go look.....(6) posts since 1993 on my part. I spent 5 mins there this morning and left....knowing why I never posted there.....
    I must apologize, and retrack my statement about P1, they do accept "DOD" LEOs, it is R*e*a*l*P*o*l*i*c*e.net that doesn't accept us. They had replied to me that they could not verify us due to the lack of standardization in training programs. Maybe it was that way in the past, but it appears that--at least for the DA and DAF--our training is standardized. I know that in the state of Illinois, under IL PL 095-1007, we are considered "peace officers" just like any other LEO in the state, but whatever. I'm sure it's the same for other various states as well, but no one on the DOD end cares, nor wants to hear about it. So what's the point?
    Last edited by I0347; 03-19-2011, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by TJx2 View Post
    Military and Civilian police are really 2 different professions. I think any POST certified officer should be allowed in...I'm not sure where you would fall...
    DOA/DON/DOAF/USMC Civilian Police go through an academy...... and perform LEO Duties full-time.... MPs/SF/MAs usually do other things in their careers then stright LE.....

Just sayin'....

Leave a comment:

• TJx2
    replied
    The P1 website doesn't accept us "DOD" type LEOs for verification, so how would we favor here? A copy of our SF50, or a closed door? Not too terribly worried about who's watching anymore.
    Military and Civilian police are really 2 different professions. I think any POST certified officer should be allowed in...I'm not sure where you would fall...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6386 users online. 392 members and 5994 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X