Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really dont see an advantage. I wouldnt get on here and say anything more if I knew only other police would see it. Lots of other officers are more interested in making trouble for another officer and probably more so than some of the public. Where I work isnt a big secret but Im careful to not say anything that could be used against me in a negative way here. And as easy as a bogus set of credentials would be to make Im sure a verified only section would be littered with trouble makers that arent police. It would be nice to be part of the select group with access to some super secret section but I dont particularly care to say anything in a forum like that that I wouldnt say here. If I need help with a case or contacts at someones agency and use this to contact someone for some reason Id do it in PM or through email.

Comment

Originally posted by HCSO511 View Post
      I really dont see an advantage.
      Talk about actual police work.....without letting folks know our secrets....

And as easy as a bogus set of credentials would be to make Im sure a verified only section would be littered with trouble makers that arent police.
      They do that, I would suspect that Frank (Mr. O.com) would not only ban them from the sit but turn them over to their local Police/Sheriffs Dept and get them prosecuted for impersonation....

I know at least several sites have done that to some idiot from Canada.....

Comment

I really dont see an advantage. I wouldnt get on here and say anything more if I knew only other police would see it. Lots of other officers are more interested in making trouble for another officer and probably more so than some of the public. Where I work isnt a big secret but Im careful to not say anything that could be used against me in a negative way here. And as easy as a bogus set of credentials would be to make Im sure a verified only section would be littered with trouble makers that arent police. It would be nice to be part of the select group with access to some super secret section but I dont particularly care to say anything in a forum like that that I wouldnt say here. If I need help with a case or contacts at someones agency and use this to contact someone for some reason Id do it in PM or through email.
        The advantage would be that we could discuss anything...such as tactics and compare from different parts of the U.S. or world for that matter.

I may not want to explain that I am checking for a trunk monkey by touching the trunk of the car, in a public forum, but if it was a secured area..someone could suggest a different/better way to check for a trunk monkey.

False credentials could be made, but most could be picked out fairly quickly I would think...not to mention the ease of an impersonation charge prosecution.

Comment

It would be a nice resource if available to use. I would be all for it, and I could care less about some super Gestapo like prosecution of my messages and and postings. Seriously, some of you are too paranoid for your own good, Alas I forgot that some guys on here can be fired from their jobs for Sneezing the wrong way. Regardless, If you think it is gonna cause you issues then don't partake in it.
          " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

The P1 website doesn't accept us "DOD" type LEOs for verification, so how would we favor here? A copy of our SF50, or a closed door? Not too terribly worried about who's watching anymore.

Edit: I was wrong about P1, I meant R*e*a*l*P*o*l*i*c*e*.net. My apologies.
            Last edited by I0347; 03-19-2011, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I0347 View Post
              The P1 website doesn't accept us "DOD" type LEOs for verification.
              That place blows. I had to go look.....(6) posts since 1993 on my part. I spent 5 mins there this morning and left....knowing why I never posted there.....

Comment

The P1 website doesn't accept us "DOD" type LEOs for verification, so how would we favor here? A copy of our SF50, or a closed door? Not too terribly worried about who's watching anymore.
                Military and Civilian police are really 2 different professions. I think any POST certified officer should be allowed in...I'm not sure where you would fall...

Comment

Originally posted by TJx2 View Post
                  Military and Civilian police are really 2 different professions. I think any POST certified officer should be allowed in...I'm not sure where you would fall...
                  DOA/DON/DOAF/USMC Civilian Police go through an academy...... and perform LEO Duties full-time.... MPs/SF/MAs usually do other things in their careers then stright LE.....

Just sayin'....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                    That place blows. I had to go look.....(6) posts since 1993 on my part. I spent 5 mins there this morning and left....knowing why I never posted there.....
                    I must apologize, and retrack my statement about P1, they do accept "DOD" LEOs, it is R*e*a*l*P*o*l*i*c*e.net that doesn't accept us. They had replied to me that they could not verify us due to the lack of standardization in training programs. Maybe it was that way in the past, but it appears that--at least for the DA and DAF--our training is standardized. I know that in the state of Illinois, under IL PL 095-1007, we are considered "peace officers" just like any other LEO in the state, but whatever. I'm sure it's the same for other various states as well, but no one on the DOD end cares, nor wants to hear about it. So what's the point?
                    Last edited by I0347; 03-19-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

it is ********** that doesn't accept us.
                      Edit and put spaces.....I am sure it's a site that this place doesn't like so they banned the URL...... I am curious to know who it is...

Police One still blows....

Comment

Probably **********.

EDIT: Yep, knew it. That website isn't even worth the verification from what I've seen, nobody goes there. It's more clickish than a High-School lunchroom.
                        Last edited by LINY; 03-19-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                          I know with my dept. I'm retired from we have a retired Deps. website with well over a thousand members.. One person runs the site and when you sign up they call the LASD headquarters and verify that you are in fact retired and in good standing... Its a lot of work and time spent on the phone...

A site as this with as many members we have would be alot of work to verify someones status...
                          You and I retired about the same time from the same agency, so what difference does it make on this forum if we are verified?
                          Retired

Comment

Maybe creating your own leo verified only forum is a possibility. Invision boards are pretty easy to set up and run.

Comment

Edit: I was wrong about P1, I meant R*e*a*l*P*o*l*i*c*e*.net. My apologies.
                              That site wouldn't accept my DOC creds either-------------P1 did.
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                                That site wouldn't accept my DOC creds either-------------P1 did.
                                Go over there and see how active that place is..... It's not...at all.... They ran a ton of folks off over the years due to their clickishness...and it shows when you go over and the "New Posts" button and only 5 pages come up over a week or so period..... You hit new post page here.....and 5-10 pages will come up over a 1-2 day period......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5184 users online. 311 members and 4873 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X