300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    Apparently, O.Com was setting aside an entire area/section just for verified folks.... aka no one else but use....

But most of us missed the bus on it when it was announced.....

Hopefully, enough folks will want to do it since they have seen this and will be willing to give Frank their info so he can set accounts up so you can use the area....
    It just dawned on me. A whole site without dlo. We should call the new site "Heaven."
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
      It just dawned on me. A whole site without dlo. We should call the new site "Heaven."
      We'd still have Pat though..... At least we could let him torment 1042..... and just ignore him....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
        We'd still have Pat though..... At least we could let him torment 1042..... and just ignore him....
        So far he has skipped on my question about liberals and their fix for government.
        And zr5667 or whatever his name is. br549?
        Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerDotCom View Post
          The amount of misinformation here is staggering and wondersome. For over six months last year we had an "LEO Only" section that was available ONLY to verified officers. How would we verify them you ask? Members wanting access had to copy their creds and fax them to our Editor Frank Borelli (a retired officer of 24 years himself). He would give them the permission in that section and then shred their info. That was our only option (that we could think of) beyond getting an agency name, contact and phone number, and a name to go with the user name, so we could call the agencies and verify sworn status. In light of the growing use of online information used against officers during investigations, we didn't feel that users would want us calling their agencies.

In the six months that LEO ONLY section was up and available, one... that's ONE officer took advantage of it and got verified.

What are your thoughts? We can easily bring it back. We took it down because it was not being used and no matter how much interest was talked about, none actually happened. We welcome your suggestions, comments, etc.
          I didn't know about it or I would have taken advantage of it. As long as information is destroyed after verification, I do not see any disadvantage really.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            The only thing you or anyone else knows about me is that I say I'm from MICHIGAN and I have 6 years on. That's all you know. Prove anything else....
            You are technologically naive if you think that "michigan" is all that is available...

Comment

I didn't know about it or I would have taken advantage of it. As long as information is destroyed after verification, I do not see any disadvantage really.
              I'm not questioning the integrity of this but what if?

If you get an LE only place to go you just might be tempted to really let your hair down over something and it will get out. Then the o.com people could be subpoenaed to produce information via your public IP that appears to their server every time you log on.

They can track you back to the specific computer you were using.
              I'm retired, it won't affect me.
              Last edited by OneAdam12; 03-18-2011, 01:59 PM.
              Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

How about guys who wanna do it sign up for it and those who are paranoid do not. EASY[]
                " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

Why would they need to verify us again if we are already verified as current or retired LEO?

Comment

Originally posted by eagleI View Post
                    Why would they need to verify us again if we are already verified as current or retired LEO?
                    No one is currently verified that I am aware of

Comment

Originally posted by TJx2 View Post
                      Maybe I will look into setting up a LEO board with a private section for verified LEO. I would hate for the board admin to take 5 minutes out of his/her day to verify 1 volunteer who could admin the private section...but whatever floats their boat I guess...
                      Dude...I've said it before. Its a FREE website. Not sure its right to bash the admin people. Its a big world out there in the internet. No one forces people to come to this site.
                      For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I know with my dept. I'm retired from we have a retired Deps. website with well over a thousand members.. One person runs the site and when you sign up they call the LASD headquarters and verify that you are in fact retired and in good standing... Its a lot of work and time spent on the phone...

A site as this with as many members we have would be alot of work to verify someones status...
                        Retired LASD

Comment

I think that it is feasible—Policeone.com does it for their Officer Safety Section. The only issue that I see is the lack of willingness/distrust of some LEO's when it comes to showing their credentials and risking losing some anonymity to obtain access
                          Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerDotCom View Post
                            The amount of misinformation here is staggering and wondersome. For over six months last year we had an "LEO Only" section that was available ONLY to verified officers. How would we verify them you ask? Members wanting access had to copy their creds and fax them to our Editor Frank Borelli (a retired officer of 24 years himself). He would give them the permission in that section and then shred their info. That was our only option (that we could think of) beyond getting an agency name, contact and phone number, and a name to go with the user name, so we could call the agencies and verify sworn status. In light of the growing use of online information used against officers during investigations, we didn't feel that users would want us calling their agencies.

In the six months that LEO ONLY section was up and available, one... that's ONE officer took advantage of it and got verified.

What are your thoughts? We can easily bring it back. We took it down because it was not being used and no matter how much interest was talked about, none actually happened. We welcome your suggestions, comments, etc.
                            I wouldn't necessarily call it misinformation----------------miss-communication maybe

From the responses I have read on this thread------------------a good many regular forum members (myself included) missed this little bit of information.
                            There also have been a couple threads just like this one in the last 6 months that you didn't correct us when we made the same "errors" in telling people that a LEO section wasn't going to happen.
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Re-Birth View Post
                              I think that it is feasible—Policeone.com does it for their Officer Safety Section. The only issue that I see is the lack of willingness/distrust of some LEO's when it comes to showing their credentials and risking losing some anonymity to obtain access
                              I am verified on policeone----------------it was painless.
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                                I am verified on policeone----------------it was painless.
                                Me too.

I also missed the hewn out tree that sailed by one day...
                                It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
                                Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4866 users online. 310 members and 4556 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X