Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My old department didn't issue retired credentials. I do have some old badges. One with my name on it.
    Would these suffice or would I be banished to the hinterland?
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
      My old department didn't issue retired credentials. I do have some old badges. One with my name on it.
      Would these suffice or would I be banished to the hinterland?
      Mine either..................
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I for one won't be verifying anything. Like others have said, I come here to vent and screw around and on occasion answer a valid question. Why have the possibility of something I do online come back and bite me in the butt... I don't think so. We can all tell who is legit and who isn't. If I have a real serious question that I need answered I'll ask a friend while at work...

It's a decent idea, I'm just not willing to risk the consequences of something I say online to come back and screw me. We've all seen how facebook comments, twitter comments and other online activity comes back to haunt people. I rather just be known as MICHIGAN...better safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
          better safe than sorry.
          x2. Sorry, it's a good idea, but not going to risk Murphy's Law biting me in the %^&.

Comment

I for one won't be verifying anything. Like others have said, I come here to vent and screw around and on occasion answer a valid question. Why have the possibility of something I do online come back and bite me in the butt... I don't think so. We can all tell who is legit and who isn't. If I have a real serious question that I need answered I'll ask a friend while at work...

It's a decent idea, I'm just not willing to risk the consequences of something I say online to come back and screw me. We've all seen how facebook comments, twitter comments and other online activity comes back to haunt people. I rather just be known as MICHIGAN...better safe than sorry.
            Errr....you posting here now can come back and bite you in the ***...... Just sayin'......

This will be in some sort of private area of the board that only other verified folks will see, the only person that knows who you work for is Frank (who said he's chucking things once he figures out you are the real deal) and you can hang out in area and not get stupid questions tossed at you for a change and/or exchange info with others about the job......

Not sure what the big deal is.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
              Errr....you posting here now can come back and bite you in the ***...... Just sayin'......

This will be in some sort of private area of the board that only other verified folks will see, the only person that knows who you work for is Frank (who said he's chucking things once he figures out you are the real deal) and you can hang out in area and not get stupid questions tossed at you for a change and/or exchange info with others about the job......

Not sure what the big deal is.....
              The only thing you or anyone else knows about me is that I say I'm from MICHIGAN and I have 6 years on. That's all you know. Prove anything else....

Comment

The only thing you or anyone else knows about me is that I say I'm from MICHIGAN and I have 6 years on. That's all you know. Prove anything else....
                So, are you saying that you don't trust the admin here....? He will be the only one that has your stuff....and it will be destoryed once he figures out you are good to go....

Also.....if some Attorney thought you were on line, they could surely subpoena this place to try and get the IP address you are posting from and all your postings....

Just sayin'......

Comment

No...I trust no one online.

Oh please..... Sure they ping my IP...guess what? My wife,brother, friend, son, daughter, etc is posting all this. Catch my drift.....

I don't think it's a bad idea, just not for me. I'm sure there will plenty of people who will do it. I'm just not willing to risk it for a "private room". I have a lot of other cops I can talk to around the country, not including my own PD; I don't need the internet. But to each his own. I vote yes for the idea, I'm just not going to do it.

Comment

Sucks to be you then.....

I've developed a lot of professional relationships on here...f...the the point that I am starting a LEO Info share email.... Guess you don't like being up to date on the lastest stuff going on in LE....?

Further.... Frank's (aka Mr. O.com) bio is easily checked online that he's the real deal and not some Corporate Rube trying to play LEO.... So, you are saying you don't trust him either.....??

Oh please..... Sure they ping my IP...guess what? My wife,brother, friend, son, daughter, etc is posting all this. Catch my drift.....

Yeah...but a good Attorney with a good staff (ie former Cops) can start digging around and subpoenaing folks/sites/etc.......and conclude that you are the only one that would post on a place like this due to your occupation..... And yes, I know a few Attorney's are ****** like that to LEOs..... Nothing in safe on the web, no matter how secret squirrel you try to be.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

I don't think it's a bad idea, just not for me. I'm sure there will plenty of people who will do it. I'm just not willing to risk it for a "private room". I have a lot of other cops I can talk to around the country, not including my own PD; I don't need the internet. But to each his own. I vote yes for the idea, I'm just not going to do it.
                      On another forum I am on---------------a Federal BOP WARDEN was fired for postings he made on the forum. The DOJ subpoenaed the site to get his info after verifying the IP address

The DOJ actually fired him for lying to the investigators and saying he didn't do the posting..................

That mothers brothers BS didn't work--

If the boss wants you gone---they will find a way.
                      Last edited by Iowa #1603; 03-18-2011, 10:36 AM.
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        If the boss wants you gone---they will find a way.
                        Exactly....

If not boss....a good Attorney.....

Comment

I'm a pretty paranoid guy but I feel like I could trust the admin here to do as they say. I wouldn't mind sending in my creds. Never been a big fan of those places that want to call your agency. I can just see my chief getting a call to verify me for an online message board. After he chucked a brick at me I'd be stuck on a deserted road running radar for the next month. After that was up I'd get to clean up after the horses at the end of the parades.

Comment

Originally posted by TJx2 View Post
                            Do you think the admin here would allow us to have a section specifically for verfied LEO? I know there are more senior members here than me, but I would be willing to admin that section and personally verify proper credentials through email or phone call to agencies to verify employemnt.

I have been away from the board for a while, so please forgive me this idea has been shot down before, but I would really love a place we could discuss non-public issues in a private environment other "that other site"
                            What difference does it make if we are verified or not?
                            Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
                              What difference does it make if we are verified or not?
                              Apparently, O.Com was setting aside an entire area/section just for verified folks.... aka no one else but use....

But most of us missed the bus on it when it was announced.....

Hopefully, enough folks will want to do it since they have seen this and will be willing to give Frank their info so he can set accounts up so you can use the area....

Comment

Originally posted by BigW View Post
                                I'm a pretty paranoid guy but I feel like I could trust the admin here to do as they say. I wouldn't mind sending in my creds. Never been a big fan of those places that want to call your agency. I can just see my chief getting a call to verify me for an online message board. After he chucked a brick at me I'd be stuck on a deserted road running radar for the next month. After that was up I'd get to clean up after the horses at the end of the parades.
                                My boss had no problem several years ago verifying me at another forum. Of course you sell it that you are being verified for the site---not just the forum.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4631 users online. 284 members and 4347 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X