300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telestaf program

My police department just got the telestaff program which controls roll call, overtime, puting in for personal days or swaps etc.... So far it has been a pain. Any officers who are familar with this system i would like to know how it has worked in your department. I know it is just another way to prevent senior officers from building for their retirement. Please all officers i would like your feedback.

we use telestaff at my department, like all new LE software there is some growing pains, but I loved telestaff once we got familiar with it, no more dealing with time sheets, simple right click and drop down menu to add and remove stuff. lets me know who works and when. Love it.

Comment

We use it. I should say that ours is a fire department with ~800 uniformed employees and 10 LEOs - our unit. That said, it was "in development" for approximately 2 years at a cost of nearly 1 million dollars. It's a crap system that is slower that a 2 year old running a 5k race because we have so many "rules" built into the system. I firmly believe we got it as a result of a class project by one of our command staff.

Honestly, it really depends on how many personnel you intend to track, how many rules you build into the system, and how many supervisors can force entries. YMMV.
      "I think it takes a particular coward to criticize procedures that you don't understand; particularly when they apply to places that you don't have the bravery to go" - Battalion Chief John Sullivan, FDNY

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!" - Rev1

"If you reload like old people [email protected], then you need to be behind something that stops bullets." - Blackdog F4i

IGNORE = since9, justme001, opencarry, bsd13, asullivan, okjoe, Patrick Sander, CJ616

Comment

We just started it also. I thought it would be a positive thing, but we got a 45 minute class, then went to it 2 months later. I barely remember how it works. I tried logging on from the car to figure it out, but every page takes about 2-3 min's to load. The schedules look like a mess with symbols, has your name in one zone, then your call sign in another zone. I think my dept will have a ways to go before we get the bugs worked out and it becomes easy (as they claim) task.
        Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

i agree brother it was better when we used the paper slips lol
          Originally posted by FireCop604 View Post
          We use it. I should say that ours is a fire department with ~800 uniformed employees and 10 LEOs - our unit. That said, it was "in development" for approximately 2 years at a cost of nearly 1 million dollars. It's a crap system that is slower that a 2 year old running a 5k race because we have so many "rules" built into the system. I firmly believe we got it as a result of a class project by one of our command staff.

Honestly, it really depends on how many personnel you intend to track, how many rules you build into the system, and how many supervisors can force entries. YMMV.

Comment

slow as **** and the bosses have so many restrictions. its almost april 15 millions of illegals are depending on you.
            Originally posted by 355339 View Post
            We just started it also. I thought it would be a positive thing, but we got a 45 minute class, then went to it 2 months later. I barely remember how it works. I tried logging on from the car to figure it out, but every page takes about 2-3 min's to load. The schedules look like a mess with symbols, has your name in one zone, then your call sign in another zone. I think my dept will have a ways to go before we get the bugs worked out and it becomes easy (as they claim) task.

Comment

My dept has been using it for about a year. It has so many bugs it's not even funny. My dept likes to spend alot of money on stupid computer programs try them for a year and then go and purchase another. I don't even think most of the guys are even logging in to it anymore. The next big software they bought was Vison Mobile for a CAD system and then Vison Mobile Field Based Reporting. Being classified as an instructor in both I can say they are both POS!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7098 users online. 366 members and 6732 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X