Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaking my head

Comment

This is sad. Just another example on how this profession is going to crap.

Comment

I used to wonder why Officers would ever want to work an inside job. Nowdays, I just wonder if maybe they are the smart ones. The better work you do, the more chances your own life gets messed up. unreal.....

Comment

And everyone wonders why more and more officers seem to be getting attacked, hurt or killed. How many are a direct result of an officer's first thought being "am I going to get into trouble for this" rather than immediately protecting themselves. We truly are on our own out there
          If you can't convince them, confuse them
          Harry Truman

For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil, there is one striking at the root

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Big Will View Post
            Hmm cop pulls over savage, savage is suspended, savage flees police, savage resists arrest and refuses to surrender his hands, officer fearing for his safety uses reasonable physical force to effect a lawfull arrest. Am I missing something?
            Yes, you missed the part where Savage only prolonged the inevitable.
            Last edited by BigSky; 03-11-2011, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Looks clean cut to me, why is he being suspended ? Our job is getting harder and harder what a joke. Does oneonta pd have a union ?

Comment

I gotta make a few phone calls, because this doesn't sound right to me...............................
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

If it is a 30 paid suspension then I would be happy. This story is messed up; even the offender clearly admitted wrongdoings of: fleeing, and resisting arrest. The officers actions were justified based off of what I just read. Now, if there is more to the story then I may change my opinion.

Comment

It is not paid...he has been on paid administrative leave but is now in the middle of the 30 days without pay.

Comment

Penguin....This officer is being represented by his union and there is going to be a hearing after the 30 days determining whether or not he will return to work for OPD.

Comment

Unfortunately this is happening more and more nowadays. Officer uses force, scumbag complains, and even though the force was justified, in accordance with policy as well as training, the brass hangs the Officer(s) out to dry. It's starting to get pretty damn frustrating....they want us to do our jobs without using force. But sometimes force is required to do our jobs, and most UOF's don't look pretty....that's reality. I guess things are just swinging way left atm with alot of Cities. Hopefully that changes and Officers don't get hurt because they hesitate to use force when they need to. I know I'm worried about our younger guys in this regard....they hesitate cause they don't want days/discipline and get hurt. Stay safe out there.
                        I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

It appears to be a case of clear cut abuse of a law enforcement officer..........................NOT! I can see Al Sharpton (sp) getting involved on this one. Maybe he was runny away on he BLIND side and did not see the officer..........hmmmm

Total Bull ****e.
                          "I do not fear the man who yells, I fear the man who doesn't"

Comment

I like how anytime somebody asks us to judge a cops actions by a new story, we refuse to do it "without all the facts."

But when it comes to a cop being disciplined, we're more than happy to judge it unfair, even without "all the facts."

I choose to believe that there is information that we don't have that would justify or explain the 30 day suspension.
                            Originally posted by K40
                            To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                            ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
                              I like how anytime somebody asks us to judge a cops actions by a new story, we refuse to do it "without all the facts."

But when it comes to a cop being disciplined, we're more than happy to judge it unfair, even without "all the facts."

I choose to believe that there is information that we don't have that would justify or explain the 30 day suspension.
                              Anytime a story is given by the media, I don't judge it to have "all the facts" because it typically does not. The media loves to spin stories and add/edit things to make papers sell. That's their job...to sell papers.

I choose to believe that the whole story isn't presented here.....nor will it be comprehensively told except to IA and the review boards that this Officer has to go through. I will say though...that having seen similar things happen to classmates of mine, I wholeheartedly believe that Deptarments country-wide are giving in to "trial by public" and appeasing the media/random citizens. Things that used to be a written are now becoming days off....and a TON of uses of force are getting discipline handed down even if it was a justified UOF. I think the different agencies around the country are becoming more and more afraid of ANY liability and therefore discipline Officers to head off certain repercussions i.e. lawsuits etc.

If you aren't experiencing the same where you work, I have to say you are lucky beyond belief and I'm a little jealous. Nowadays everything is becoming more and more PC where I work, and if you lay a hand on somebody, even if it is righteous, you are sweating bullets wondering if you are going to get days anyway.

Plus....we're Cops. We are generally more inclined to believe and back up other Officers regardless of how little or how much knowledge of an incident we have. That's the nature of the Brotherhood....
                              I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Ptlcop...while your point is a valid one, think about what the defendant himself has told the newspaper.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3836 users online. 199 members and 3637 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X