300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to vent

I filed a warrant for a guy a while back for hitting his old lady with a large PVC pipe. The DA took Ag. Asslt. This was back in September. He finally gets arrested the other day and the victim calls me telling she wants to drop the charges (I basically told her calling me was stupid since it's out of my hands).

I knew something was goofy about their relationship when she had a new born at the home and she had been with him for 5 years....and the baby wasn't his....but that's another story..

I don't understand people.

I will NEVER UNDERSTAND people!
    " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

And the longer you do this job--------------the MORE you will NEVER understand people.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

You could take all the psychology courses ever offered and still want to go "GAHHHHH! WTF!" after dealing with certain people. All you can do here is just sit back and see what happens in court.
        What are we going to do tonight? Same thing we do every night! TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!

Comment

I been at it for three years now....you get there, she's crying saying, "We're done," "He's outta here," "I'm moving on," etc. etc. and even circles "DO" on the "Do you want to press charges" box. Same story, different day.

Comment

I have had many of these DV's dropped given the victims no longer wishes to pursue charges. I just had one dropped (guy v. guy) because the aggressor's doctor stated that it was the medications fault, not his.

Comment

Reminds me of an old one. 911 hang up. Arrive and see silhouette tossed across the room in the upstairs apartment. Get to the door and silence...announce ourselves....silence. Take the door and find him over her strangling her, she is unconscious. Take care of him, she wakes up. Room has needles everywhere. Lock him up on DV, full blown, call judge get TRO he gets sent to jail with a low bail. Finish up the paperwork and go home. Next night doing my rounds and see them hand in hand on the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                And the longer you do this job--------------the MORE you will NEVER understand people.
                Isn't that the truth!
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Do not try and understand these people. They have been damaged beyond belief for years. You are paid to turn up, stop whatever is happening, leave and do all the correct paperwork needed to show that you have taken all appropriate professional steps. Then when it goes wrong you are blameless as you did everything you legally could. You are then paid and you move on.

That is Policing 101
                  "Well, I never had an invisible friend when I was young, but I'm sure that if I did, it would be Constable Smiley."

Comment

Originally posted by Eastside View Post
                    Do not try and understand these people. They have been damaged beyond belief for years. You are paid to turn up, stop whatever is happening, leave and do all the correct paperwork needed to show that you have taken all appropriate professional steps. Then when it goes wrong you are blameless as you did everything you legally could. You are then paid and you move on.

That is Policing 101
                    That sums it up.

Comment

20 years ago, I was told on day one of my patrol training by my FTO: do not ever follow your cases and see what happens to them after you are done with it.

I followed that advice for my 17 years in patrol.....and passed it along to all of my trainees.
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        What Iowa said.
                        Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                          20 years ago, I was told on day one of my patrol training by my FTO: do not ever follow your cases and see what happens to them after you are done with it.

I followed that advice for my 17 years in patrol.....and passed it along to all of my trainees.
                          I work with a guy that follows all of his cases. He is the most stressed out, neurotic person I know. I'm amazed he hasn't had a stroke.
                          Those of us that are in this profession have much thicker skins than the average person. Your "insults" are not even a good pimple on the *** of what truly bothers us. -Iowa 1603

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post

Its hard to always follow this, but I've managed to do this as much as possible. I'm a happier man for it..
                            Yes I'm a LEO... but I do no care enough to go through the trouble of changing the screen name.... sorry

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4051 users online. 220 members and 3831 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X